Chapter 22

Harry had been making dinner for him and Luca when the door bell started buzzing, "Luca can you check the window and see who's at the door, I'll be there in a second." He shouted over his shoulder, mid-slicing of the celery for the chicken vegetable soup he was making.

Luca reluctantly set down his coloured pencil, huffing out a breath as he stood up and went over to the window to peak outside without being seen. "Papa!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, throwing Harry's no answering the door on your own rule out the window and went straight to the door, yanking it open.

"Surprise!" Zayn shouted some, scooping up the more than giddy toddler and smothered him in numerous hugs and kisses. "I told you I'd come see you in a couple days."

Luca had started crying, happy his papa was at least home for a little while and he could physically hug him whenever he wanted. "I miss you, papa. You stay forever?"

"I've got the next four days and on the fifth I need to be on a plane back to work, can that be our forever? Four days." He smiled, kissing his forehead and walked into the house with him.

Zayn hadn't bothered packing any bags or anything because he caught the first flight he could and he wanted to cut out any unnecessary time at the airport. Like waiting for baggage claim.

Luca wrapped his arms loosely around Zayn's neck, repeatedly kissing his cheek until he decided to rest his head on papa's shoulder. "Okay, it our forever. But you goin' stay with me always, papa."

Zayn pointed to Luca's heart, gently tapping the area with his finger. "No matter where I am, I'll always be in there."

He looked down where Zayn's finger was, confused because papa wasn't inside his chest. "How?"

"Because I love you and when you love someone you keep that special feeling close to your heart, that way when they're gone you still know they love you because of that special feeling inside your heart." He explained, occasionally kissing his cheek just because he could and wanted to soak up all the Luca time that he possible could until he needed to leave again.

Luca poked Zayn's chest, "Daddy and me in there?"

"Always," he smiled.

"Luca, you know you aren't supposed to answer the door. Even when you know who the person is, you're always supposed to wait for me." Harry reminded the toddler, suddenly standing at the other end of the hallway with the two of them. "It would've been nice if you had of called me before just showing up like this."

Zayn shrugged, "Yeah, um - I could leave and come back in the morning?"

Luca started shaking his head, clutching onto Zayn's top and buried his face against the crock of his neck.

"No, you're already here and Luca's missed you. The spare bedroom isn't quite finished but there's blankets and everything in there." Harry sighed, not wanting to upset Luca by making Zayn leave.

"Papa you can sleep in my room, I got'd a new bed now. It big." Luca chimed in, wanting to help so papa wouldn't have to sleep on the floor by himself. When they could have a sleepover in his bedroom, which was plenty big.

Zayn smiled, "It's alright, babe. I can sleep in the other room but maybe I could give you some cuddles before bed."

He nodded, "Daddy you come cuddle too, okay?"

Harry glanced between the two, trying to figure out whether or not Zayn had coached Luca into saying that. "Bug, I don't feel so good so we can cuddle together a different night. I don't want you getting sick and missing any school."