Chapter 3

Luca had all of his drawing supplies scattered around the living room floor, scribbling away on the coloured drawing paper. Occasionally he would switch to his Power Ranger colouring book, but mostly he would draw pictures and colour them in.

Harry was in the kitchen making them dinner so he wasn't worried about the toddler, because as long as he heard the tv going and Luca's giggling he knew everything was alright.

The toddler was mid-drawing when he heard daddies phone vibrating in the couch cushion, "Daddy, phone!" He shouted and then paused, waiting for a response. But when he didn't get one, Luca got up and dug the phone out of the couch, answering it himself. "Hi."

"Harry?" A voice unfamiliar to the toddler questioned.

Luca shook his head, "I Luca, no daddy."

"Oh, um - is your daddies name Harry?" He questioned, knowing he might get answers out of the child.

"Yes." He nodded, proud that he knew daddies name.

"And what's your full name?"

Luca thought about it for a second, "Luca Aahil Malik, what yours?"

Zayn laughed into the phone, because the toddler completely butchered pronouncing his middle name but it was adorable regardless. "My names Zayn, how old are you Luca?"

"Um, daddy say I three but I four soon." Luca had laid back down on the floor so he could finish his drawing.

"Luca what are you doing with my phone?" Harry questioned as he came in the room and spotted the toddler on the floor with his phone pressed against his ear.

He looked up and smiled, holding out the phone. "I talk to Zen, he nice."

"Luca I've told you never to answer the phone unless I tell you." Harry scolded, taking the phone from him and looked at the unknown number.

Luca sat up with his legs tucked under his body and looked down at his hands, "I sorry, daddy. No time out, I good."

His heart sank at the toddlers saddened face, picking him up and kissed his temple. "You aren't in trouble, bug. I just don't like you talking to strangers - okay. You finish your drawing and I love you."

"Love you daddy." He smiled shyly as he wrapped his arms around Harry's neck and hugged him, giving him kisses on the cheek before Harry set him down.

Harry watched Luca lay flat on his belly so he could do his drawing, and then silently walked out of the room and into the kitchen so the toddler couldn't hear anything.

"Don't ever do that again, he doesn't understand what's going on and it's unfair." Harry hissed into the phone, completely pissed off that Zayn would use Luca's obliviousness to his personal benefit. "How the hell did you even get my number?"

"I wanted to talk so I had someone find your number, and how was I supposed to know a kid was going to answer your phone. Which I know he's mine because he has my last name and he's almost four, I want to see him."

Harry rested his elbows on the counter and took a few calming breaths, because he needed to have Luca's best interest at heart. "It's very stalker-ish and an invasion of my privacy that you can just have someone do that whenever you want, but you can see Luca whenever you want. All you needed to do was ask."

"Well you weren't going to give me your number, and I saw a little boy at the dentists the other day but I didn't want to say anything to make a scene." He explained, "That was him wasn't it?"

"Yes."

"He looks like me, a lot like me actually." Zayn laughed quietly.

Harry briefly closed his eyes, "I know, it was annoying at first but he's gorgeous and he's going to break hearts once he's older - just like his dad."