Chapter 38

Harry walked beside Zayn holding his hand tightly, they were in a crowded shopping centre and of course fans had discovered Zayn was out in London and wanted to catch a glimpse of him or get his photo and autograph. But Harry still wasn't used to the attention, he tends to stay away from fans because they're much more over the top than paparazzi and were a lot more vocal.

He was absolutely terrified despite security escorting them, and he was thankful he decided to let Luca stay with Liam and Niall back at the temporary flat they were all five sharing for the next couple weeks. Because having to worry about the unpredictable-ness of fans and how spontaneous Luca tends to be, especially when he's potentially the centre of attention, would've been a terrible combination to say the least.

"Harry babe, you're going to break my hand if you squeeze any harder." Zayn murmured with a laugh, leaning in towards him as he spoke. "Are you okay, do you feel ill?"

He smiled halfheartedly, shaking his head. "Sorry, I'm just - I'm nervous and honestly scared. I didn't know there'd be this many people around us."

Zayn looked around, having been oblivious to the crowd of teenage girls following behind them and all the eyes on them as they walked past shops because he's so used to this reaction when he goes places, he rarely notices anymore. "Do you want to stop in any of these stores, they'll clear everyone out and you can relax some. Just be you and I."

He nodded, "I wanted to get Luca some art supplies, it's the only thing I didn't grab from the house and he's been asking for drawing supplies for three days now."

"Okay, that's easy." Zayn kissed his cheek with a smile, earning a couple dozen awes in the process and motioned for his body guard so he could tell them what they needed done.

"It's that easy?" Harry questioned once the man walked away, going to speak with one of the mall guards that were escorting them.

He smiled, wrapping an arm around his waist and pulled him closer to his side. "It's that easy."

"Well Luca is going to be ecstatic when we get back," Harry smiled. "I know he wants to show Liam and Niall his drawing skills, he's just like you Zayn. Remember in school when you'd draw cartoons of people in trade of them doing your maths course work?"

"To this day I believe that was the smartest thing I could've done, besides I'm a singer. I don't need maths." He shrugged, silently sticking it to his maths professor that constantly reminded them all that maths was the most important thing you'll learn during your educational career.

"Okay, what percentage do you get from all sales that One Direction makes?" Harry quipped with a smirk as they continued walking, the conversation being the only thing keeping Harry from panicking about the crowd following behind them.

Zayn thought a moment, furrowing his brow. "I have an accountant so your question should be directed towards him and he'll get back to you with an answer."

"Zayn, you should really know these things." He scolded softly, "What if you're getting screwed out of millions?"

"That won't happen, we've got a good team supporting us. They wouldn't do that." he ensured confidently.

Harry hummed, pulling away some and interlocked their fingers together, swinging their hands as they walked. "Those are the last famous words of every famous athlete, actor, band or singer who's been screwed by the people meant to watch out for them."

"Oh shut it, you're just being cynical at this point." He laughed, catching his lips and planting a kiss on them. Which caused cameras and fans to start flipping out at their public affection.