Chapter 52

"Is Neil comin'?" Luca questioned, momentarily taking his eyes off Azad to look towards his parents.

"Yeah babe, Niall's coming with Liam." Zayn smiled, reassuring the toddlers worries.

He smiled, buzzing with excitement now that he knew for sure Neil was coming too and they could play together like always.

"Neil comin' Azad," He softly cooed at his baby brother, petting the dark hair on his head and leaned forward to kiss his head.

"Luca how 'bout you come over here," Harry chimed. "And let Azad finish sleeping before everyone gets here."

Luca shook his head, "Mhm. I'm staying with Azad, papa said I'm the big brother so I watch him now."

Harry got up, thankful he was off restrictions and could do things on his own again. "That's lovely of you but Azad hasn't been sleeping a whole lot so we need to let him get all the sleep he can."

"I'll sleep too," Luca went limp in Harry's arms, fake sleeping within a blink of an eye.

Zayn couldn't help but laugh at the scene, Azad passed out on his back on the floor with a noodle-like Luca in Harry's arms.

"We look horrible as a unit," he commented aloud. "Both my sons look dead, Harry you've got mismatched clothing on and I'm dressed like a reaper."

"Ha, ha - funny." Harry grumbled, giving up and laying Luca down on the couch.

"I'm not dead," Luca popped up and then immediately laid back down, going back to his fake sleeping.

Zayn laughed, getting up when someone knocked on the front door. "Bloody ridiculous," he murmured under his breath as he opened the door.

"Where is the little bugger," Niall shoved past him and into the house.

Zayn stumbled back some, "Hello to you too."

"He's excited," Liam laughed as he walked in.

"Nearly knocked me down, felt like I'd open the door to a fan." He commented with a laugh.

He shrugged, "He's your kids' biggest fan."

"Yeah, he's definitely -"

They stopped in the archway of the living room, seeing Niall on the ground with Azad and Luca was stood behind Niall playing with his fluffy looking hair.

"Niall what are you doing?" Liam questioned.

"Azad's still asleep," Harry commented. "I thought he would've woken up with the door buzzer but guess he sleeps like Zayn now."

Niall looked down at Azad, truly seeing him for the first time - other than the few photos Harry had sent him a couple days after they got home. He looked up at Liam, "Babe I want a baby too."

Everyone froze, looking between Liam and Niall trying to decipher whether or not Niall was being genuinely serious. And if Liam was going to pass out because he looked frozen in shock.

"Can we talk about it later?" Liam finally croaked, despite having expressed desires to have children with Niall - they hadn't fully decided on anything. "I mean we're here to see Zayn, Harry and the kids. Not to talk about us."

Niall bit his lip, seemingly melting when Azad started fussing himself awake from all the loud voices. "Can I pick him up?"

"No, no, no." Luca protested quickly, "I'm the big brother and there's no touchin' Azad when it's sleep time."

"Luca it's alright," Harry assured and moved to pick Azad up. "Here," he maneuvered the newborn into Niall's eager arms.

"Neil want to play?" Luca questioned with an hopeful smile.

Niall unintentionally ignored Luca, cooing at Azad when the newborn sneezed. "He's so cute."

"Neil," Luca tried again, only to be brushed off when Azad sneezed a second time and then began crying.

"He's probably hungry, I'll go feed him quick and then I'll bring him back." Harry took Azad back, carrying him into the kitchen so everyone wouldn't have to watch him feed.

"Neil!" Luca screeched loudly, gaining everyone's attention.

He looked over his shoulder at the huffing toddler, seeing the scowl on his face. "How ya' been bud?"

"I don't like you Neil," he snapped and stomped out of the room in the direction of the kitchen.

The three adults looked at each other, confused as to what exactly happened because typically Luca is very excited and happy to see Niall but maybe today just wasn't one of those days.

"He's in a good mood," Zayn commented under his breath as Niall got up and sat down on the couch beside Liam.

Liam instinctively put an arm around Niall, "Do you really want a baby now?"

"I don't mean now, now." He laughed with a nod, " But I want a baby with you someday. If - um, if you want that too I mean."

"Do you need me to go?" Zayn hesitantly questioned, feeling like an extreme third-wheel of the conversation.

"No, it's fine. We'll talk about this later, now isn't the time anyways." Liam shook his head with a smile, kissing Niall's cheek in reassurance.

"Zayn," Harry called out. "Can you come here please, I - Luca needs to talk with you in private."

Zayn got up quickly, excusing himself from the slight awkwardness in the air and went towards the kitchen. Noticing a tear filled Luca sat beside Harry and Azad at the table.

"What's wrong babe?" He squatted down in front of him and thumbed away a couple stray tears.

Luca hiccuped, not responding.

"Tell papa what you just told me, he'll understand." Harry prompted, brushing a hand through Luca's hair in a calming manor.

He hiccuped a couple times, sucking up his snot and looked at him. "Neil only likes Azad, not me anymore. Why papa? Hurts my heart."

Zayn scooped him up for a hug and a couple kisses, "Baby that's not true. Niall's just excited to meet Azad because he hasn't met him before and I'm sure he'd love to play with you."

Luca nodded, fresh tears streaming down his cheeks.

"You remember how excited you were to see Azad, yeah." Zayn smiled at him, "You didn't even want to see daddy, just Azad."

He smiled, looking at his baby brother feed in their daddy's arms and nodded. "Can Azad stay a baby forever, I like him like that."

"No I wish," Harry answered. "He'll get big and strong like you, but he'll stay small awhile longer before that happens."

"Do you want to go see Niall now," Zayn questioned. "Bet he'd be up to kick the ball around outside, Liam too."

Luca wiped his snotty nose on Zayn's shoulder, nodding quickly as he dried up his tears. Zayn let him down, cringing when he saw the noticeable mess Luca had left on his dark clothing. 

"I'm going to go throw up and then change," Zayn gagged once Luca had ran into the living room.

Harry laughed, "This is what you sign up for when you have kids, especially boys. They're disgusting little creatures."

__________________________________

authors note: potentially disastrous moment avoided, Luca could've lashed out and whacked Azad to get everyone's attention but instead he yelled then disappeared and cried. Regardless, major meltdown avoided.

I know there's been A LOT of chapters but so far, what's been your favourite moment(s)?