2011; January 9-17

Hey, I'm Lily Hale, daughter of Peter Hale. Join me on my adventures with Scott McCall and his pack.

Season 1
---------------------------------------------

I guess I should start at the beginning, huh? It all started in my sophomore year at Beacon Hills High School. I was waiting with my cousin, Derek, in the dark forest as we watched the cops search the area. Recently, a dead body had been found around here, the body of my cousin, Derek's sister, Laura Hale. It was a sad day when we found out she had been murdered.

Anyway, we silently watched as the cops continued to patrol and search the area. We knew they wouldn't find anything because we already knew where the other half of Laura's body was.

That's right, other half, hunters cut her in half. Gross.

As we watched, I couldn't help but think that I heard something else in the forest. I shook it off when I saw the Sheriff grab his own son by the scruff and start walking through the forest with him.

"Damn." I heard someone close by us mutter.

I grabbed Derek's upper arm as I looked at him, silently asking if he heard it too. He nodded before silently steering me toward the sound. We soon found that the sound was a boy about my age.

Scott McCall, I think is his name.

We stealthily followed him, making sure the kid didn't hurt himself out here at night. Although, we both froze when a howl tore through the air. I looked up at Derek fearfully, knowing that we were the only weres around here. He looked down at me before pulling us both into a crouch with him in front of me slightly. Together, we then scanned the area until our gazes landed on a pair of big, blood red eyes.

I gasped lightly as Derek slowly started backing us up. The creature looked at us before turning in the direction the boy had gone and taking off. After it left, Derek pulled me up and we started to make our way home. As we ran, I looked up at him with curious eyes, he only shrugged as we finally reached home.

I gazed up at our burned and broken house with sad eyes. This place used to be magnificent but now it's almost falling apart. It made me so sad to think that in one night the house, and mine and Derek's lives, changed forever.

We lost most of our family. The only survivors were me, Derek, Laura, and, my father, Peter. Now, Laura's dead and Peter was severely injured from the flames and in a coma-like state. He can't move or speak, he only occasionally moves his eyes when Derek and I visit.

If Peter's injuries weren't enough, Derek and I were both mentally and emotionally scared from the fire. It resulted in me becoming a mute and in Derek blocking everyone but myself out and developing slight anger issues certain at times.

This all ran through my head as I laid beside Derek in the only bed left after the fire. He had his back to me and was fast asleep. I sighed knowing that I needed to get up early the next morning for school. I felt Derek roll over and wrap a protective arm around my waist and pull me closer to him as he slept. I sighed again before closing my eyes and falling into a restless sleep.

----Monday, Jan. 10----

I woke up the next morning to Derek lightly shaking me. I opened my eyes and glared at him slightly for waking me up.

"Oh c'mon Lee, it's the first day of school, remember? I'm gonna take you out to breakfast after you get ready." He said. I sighed before getting up and ushering him out of the room. He laughed before leaving and closing the door behind him.