2011; February 20-23

----Sunday; Feb. 20----

I was sitting by Lydia's bedside as she slept, praying that she'd wake up today. I held her hand softly as I tried to get some sleep in the chair. I was about to fall asleep when I felt the hand I was holding squeeze mine.

"Lydi?" I questioned as my head shot up. The said girl slowly turned her head towards me and opened her eyes tiredly.

"Lils?" She asked hoarsely.

"Oh my god! You're awake! How are you feeling? Do you want any water? Do you want something to eat? Should I get your parents? Should I get the nurse? Should I get the doctor? What do you want Lydi because I'll get you whatever you need right now." I rambled worriedly.

"What I want is for my sister to calm down and a glass of water. I'm feeling fine but I do want to see my parents." Lydi said slowly, trying to calm me down.

"Ok, I'll go get your parents and a cup of water for you." I said as I squeezed Lydi's hand and gave her a big grin.

"Thanks, Lils. I know I can always count on you." She said softly as I walked out of the door and into the corridor.

"Ms. Martin! Melissa! She's awake! Lydia's awake!" I exclaimed as I saw the two women in the hallway.

"Thank god!" Ms. Martin said before rushing into the room.

"Did she say if she wanted anything?" Melissa asked.

"She wanted water." I stated.

Melissa nodded before walking into the room. I stood in the hall with my arms wrapped around myself as I watched the door to Lydi's room intently. I felt someone come up behind me and wrap their arms around my waist, pulling me to them. A small smile crept onto my face as a chin was rested on my shoulder gently.

"She woke up, huh?" Stiles asked in my ear.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Good. Now you can be a little less stressed." Stiles stated as he spun me around to face him. I nodded with a smile still on my face as I wrapped my arms around Stiles' torso and buried my head in the crook of his neck.

----Monday, Feb. 21----

I skipped school today to stay at the hospital with Lydi. From what I heard from the doctors and nurses, she was going to be fine. They were just keeping her here for a few more days to watch over her progress.

Stiles came back after school and had my homework which he helped me do. We were both tired and that's how we ended up on the floor by the chairs next to Lydia's room. I was leaning against one while Stiles had his head in my lap and was spread out on the floor, fast asleep, muttering incoherent things.

"Aw, just like that. No, no you first. Me first?" Stiles muttered which brought a small smile to my face as I tried not to laugh at him.

'He's so stupid.' I thought as I looked down at his sleeping face fondly as he continued to snore slightly.

I looked up when I heard a door open and saw Mr. Martin had walked out of Lydi's room. He saw me and waved to which I returned as he looked a sleeping Stiles and I over before turning to Melissa.

"Have they been here all night?" I heard Mr. Martin ask Melissa.

"They've been here all weekend. The boy, Stiles, went to school earlier but Lily did not. She's been here since late Friday night. She told me that she wasn't leaving until Lydia did or until Lydia told her to leave." Melissa explained to my best friend's father.

"Lily's always been stubborn like that. She's never left Lydia's side when she's hurt or sick." Mr. Martin told Melissa.

"Look's like Lydia has a good friend in Lily then." Melissa said with a small smile in my direction before walking away.