2011; February 9-10

----Wednesday, Feb. 9----

We quickly got to the school and Derek cut the lights in the locker room as Dad and I stayed out of sight.

"Danny?" Scott called.

"Thank god! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" Scott questioned my cousin once he saw him. Dad then walked out holding a lacrosse stick.

"I really don't get lacrosse." Dad said.

"It was you." Scott mumbled.

"When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes and that they played it to resolve conflict. Is that right? I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott, but I need your help to do it." Dad spoke to the teen wolf.

"I'm not helping you kill people." Scott said lowly.

"Well, I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. That doesn't have to include...." Dad trailed off, looking at Derek.

"Allison." Derek supplied.

"You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?" Scott asked Derek.

"It was a mistake." Derek replied monotonously.

"What?!" Scott asked incredulously.

"It happens." Derek replied in the same voice.

"Scott, I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just want to help you reach your full potential." Dad said.

"By killing my friends." Scott replied.

"Sometimes the people closest to you could be the ones holding you back the most." Dad stated.

"Oh c'mon now, Dad, you don't really believe that, do you? I mean, what about me?" I asked my father as I rounded the corner.

"You too? Lily, what about Stiles?" Scott asked me.

"Stiles knows where my loyalties lie. Do you?" I asked him. Scott looked confused.

"Maybe you could try and see things from my perspective." Dad spoke as his claws grew.

"Don't hurt him." I ordered. I saw my dad nod before he sunk his claws into the back of Scott's neck briefly before removing them and walking out of the locker room.

"I'll stay with him." I told Derek who nodded and followed Dad out.

I leaned back against a wall with my arms crossed over my chest as Scott saw what ever my dad wanted him to see. I watched as the young Beta squirmed on the floor for a few minutes before sitting up and breathing heavy. I pushed off the wall and walked the few steps over to Scott and crouched before him. I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder as he looked up at me with a slightly lost expression. I easily helped him up and moved him to one of the benches by the door. He sat down and I rubbed his back gently as he caught his breath,

"Stiles will be here soon." I murmured. Scott nodded and we fell into silence until a breathless Stiles arrived.

"Dude, we have a huge problem!" Stiles exclaimed as he stumbled into the locker room.

"Trust me, I know." Scott replied.

----Thursday, Feb. 10----

School flew by fast and before I knew it, it was the end of the day. I didn't have anything to do so I headed home and started working out. As I punched and kicked at the old punching bag hanging from the ceiling several thoughts ran through my head.