2011; January 17-23

----Monday, Jan. 17----

I stood there staring for a minute before Lydia walked by, grabbed my arm and started toward the field so we could watch the lacrosse practice. We got there and sat down just as we saw Jackson grab a long stick for defense. A lot of the guys went against him but none made a shot. Soon it was Scott's turn and Jackson flattened him.

"Hey McCall. Hey McCall." Coach called teasingly as he walked toward Scott.

"You sure you still wanna be first line, McCall?" Jackson taunted. I heard Scott's pulse quicken and squirmed in my seat. Scott got up as Coach finally reached him.

"Hey McCall. My grandmother can move faster than that and she's dead. You think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?" Coach teased.

"Yes, Coach." Scott growled put softly.

"I can't hear you." Coach whispered.

"Yes, Coach." Scott said a bit louder.

"Then do it again." Coach said, "McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again!" Coach chanted slightly as Scott got ready.

Scott and Jackson both got into position, Coach blew his whistle and they were off. Scott ran into Jackson, sending him to the ground as I heard a sickening pop. Jackson groaned in pain as Scott clutched his head.

Lydia and I both ran onto the field. Lydia ran to Jackson as I ran to Scott with Stiles coming up behind me. Stiles pulled Scott up off the ground and propelled him toward the school with me trailing behind slightly. I glanced around and saw Derek watching us. He looked at me and I nodded, telling him that Scott had almost shifted. He just glared at the boys retreating figures as I ran to catch up with them.

I found them in the locker room with Scott trying to attack Stiles. I stood in front of Stiles protectively as Scott came closer and growled at me. I felt my own shift take over but only my claws, eyes and teeth. I growled back at Scott even louder and fiercer than he had as Stiles grabbed the fire extinguisher from behind himself and shot it at Scott. The fire extinguisher stuff calmed Scott down who had no recollection of what had happened.

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"You tried to kill me and Lily. It's like I told you before, it's the anger, it's your pulse rising, it's a trigger." Stiles explained.

"But that's lacrosse! It's a pretty violent game if you haven't noticed!" Scott exclaimed.

"Well, it's gonna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field. You can't play Saturday, you're gonna have to get out of the game." Stiles said.

"But I'm first line." Scott said.

"Not anymore." Stiles said as I sighed and walked out.

I walked outside and Derek was there waiting for me. We drove off before heading to Scott's house. I looked at Derek with a confused expression but he didn't acknowledge it. We stopped a few blocks away from Scott's house and we got out and walked to it. We waited outside Scott's open window until his mom left. She left and we snuck into his room and stood in the shadows.

Stiles called Scott through Skype and they talked about Jackson's separated shoulder until Stiles noticed Derek who had stepped into the light a bit. I watched as Scott turned around and Derek shoved him into the wall.

"I saw you on the field!" Derek said.

"What, what are you talking about?" Scott asked fearfully.

"You shifted in front of them! If they find out what you are, they find out about me and Lily, about all of us! And then it's not just the hunters after us, it's everyone." Derek explained angrily.