2011; January 27-28

----Thursday, Jan. 27----

Derek had left a few hours ago, saying he'd be back before dawn and for me to stay there. I trusted him but couldn't shake the fact that something was wrong. I sat with a mug of hot chocolate in my hands until I heard a howl that I knew wasn't Derek. I set my coco on the ground and ran outside towards the howl. I was almost there when I heard a gunshot. I froze as I heard a voice I knew all too well shout, "C'mon!"

I quickly started sniffing, trying to catch Derek's scent. I saw him before I found his scent. Derek was running on top of some buildings chasing something. I started toward him but before I could catch him a shot rang out.

I watched in horror as Derek jumped and flinched in mid-air before falling to the ground. My limbs quickly started working again as I caught his scent and ran to him. He was backing up against a wooden crate and staring at his arm. I rounded the corner just in time to see him pull up his sleeve and show a smoking blue bullet hole.

A whimper escaped my mouth as I saw his wound which looked very fatal.

"Lily, what are you doing here?! I told you to stay at the house!" He whisper-yelled at me when he looked up and saw me there.

I frowned at him before walking over to look at his arm. Tears filled my eyes at the sight of the wound. I whimpered again before collapsing next to him. He wrapped his good arm around me and muttered one word, "Scott."

I nodded and helped him up. I slung his good arm over my shoulders and held it with one hand as I wrapped my other arm around his waist to steady him. Then together we made our way home so that Derek could rest. I knew tomorrow that I'd have to find Scott at school and convince him to help Derek somehow but right now all my energy was invested in getting Derek home and safe.

----Friday, Jan. 28----

The next day, I woke up late and got dressed in some black skinny jeans, a hunter green tank top, and my combat boots with my leather jacket over my tank. I quickly threw my hair up into a high ponytail and brushed on light makeup before waking Derek and helping him to the car and driving to the school.

I didn't even care that I missed first period as Derek and I started looking for Scott. I saw Jackson and pointed him out to Derek who walked over to him with me.

"Where is Scott McCall?" Derek asked as Jackson shut his locker.

"Why should I tell you?" Jackson asked. I rolled my eyes and tuned them out as I started lightly sniffing for Scott's scent.

My attention was soon brought back to the two guys beside me when Derek slammed Jackson into the lockers and sunk his claws into Jackson's neck. I put a light hand on Derek's shoulder and he released Jackson before following me away from the arrogant jock.

Derek leaned against a wall a few halls away making me look at him worriedly. The bell rang and he covered his ears before we both walked outside. I saw Stiles' Jeep pull out and before I could stop him, Derek walked in front of it.

Stiles stopped, thankfully, as I ran to Derek. However, I wasn't quick enough and Derek collapsed to the ground. I reached him and dropped down beside him to try and help him up as Scott ran over to us.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asked Derek as he looked around.

"I was shot." Derek muttered as he sat up.

"He's not looking too good, dude." Stiles pointed out as I rolled my eyes.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asked.

"I can't. It was a different kind of bullet." Derek explained as he breathing became raspy.

"Wha? A silver bullet?" Stiles questioned as Derek and I both glared up at him.