2011; January 29-31

----Saturday, Jan. 29----

That Saturday, Lydia and Jackson were attacked at the video store by the Alpha. Thankfully, Jackson only got a mild concussion while Lydia wasn't hurt at all. Scott, Derek, and I watched the scene below as we found out this information. Cop cars were here and an ambulance with Lydia and Jackson sitting in the back. I wanted to go down and comfort Lydia, my best friend, but Derek refused to let me. I huffed in agitation as I stalked away from the boys slightly before walking back when I heard Stiles' voice.

"Oh, woah! Is that a dead body?" He said, trying to defuse some of the tension. I smiled lightly at the glare his dad gave him.

"Starting to get it?" Derek asked Scott.

"I get that he's killing people but I don't get why. I mean this isn't- this isn't standard practice, right, we don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?" Scott asked, highly confused.

"No. We're predators, we don't have to be killers." Derek said, quoting his mother, Talia.

"Then why is he a killer?" Scott asked.

"It's what we're gonna find out." Derek said as he and I started to walk off. Scott quickly followed us, not wanting to be left behind. We piled into the car and headed back to the house. No one spoke until we got there and Derek and I were walking up the stairs.

"You know, I-I have a life too." Scott said.

"No you don't." Derek stated.

"Yes I do! I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or." Scott said.

"Part of his pack." Derek corrected.

"Whatever. I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry." Scott said.

"You wanna do homework? Or do you wanna not die? You have less than a week until the full moon. You don't kill with him, he kills you." Derek told Scott.

"Okay? Seriously? Who made up these rules?" Scott questioned.

"It's a right of passage into his pack." Derek said.

"You know what else is a right of passage? Graduating from high school! And you don't have to kill anyone to do it!" Scott exclaimed, "Why can't you two just find him yourselves? Why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human?" Scott asked sounding slightly defeated.

"Because his human scent could be entirely different, it has to be you. You have a connection with him, a link that you can't understand. If I can teach you to control your abilities you can find him." Derek explained.

"So, if I help you, you can stop him?" Scott asked.

"Not alone. We're stronger in numbers. A pack makes the individual more powerful." Derek said.

"How am I supposed to help if I have no idea what I'm doing?!" Scott exclaimed.

"Because I'm gonna get teach you. Do you remember what happened in that first night when you were shot in the arm? Right after you were hit?" Derek asked, growing more impatient with the young teen in front of us.

"Yeah, I changed back." Scott said.

"Mhmm. And when you were hit by his car, same thing right?" Scott nodded. "What's the common denominator?" Derek asked. Scott shrugged so Derek, being Derek, grabbed one of Scott's hands and crushed it.

"Ah! What the hell are you doing?" Scott exclaimed.

"It'll heal." Derek replied calmly.

"Yeah but it still hurts." Scott said, slightly angry.