2011; March 1-6

----Thursday, Mar. 2----

Wednesday passed uneventfully and it was soon Thursday.

Today we were in gym class and were all climbing the rock wall. I stood in the crowd of students with Lydia and Stiles as we watched Scott and Allison climb the wall. I saw them talking but didn't bother to tune into their conversation because I was talking to Sti and Lydi. Stiles had his chin on my shoulder and his arms wrapped around my waist as I leaned back against his chest with my arms covering his. My attention was drawn away from Lydia's talk of going shopping soon as Scott fell from the rock wall. Everyone started laughing as he stopped right before he hit the ground before slamming down the last few inches onto the mat.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kinda joy right here." Coach said as he sat next to Scott on the ground. Alli soon finished her climb and got down as Coach called Sti and Erica to climb next.

I looked on worriedly as Erica got rigged up next to Stiles. Erica is one of my friends even though we don't talk much anymore. Anyway, Sti soon finished his climb and was back down as Erica stopped at the middle. My brows furrowed with concern as Stiles walked back over to me but my gaze never traveled off Erica. I sniffed the air lightly and noticed the terror and anxiety rolling off Erica heavily. I heard her start panting and crying as she held onto the wall tightly.

"Eri?" I called using her old nick-name as we all approached the wall.

"Erica? Dizzy? Is it vertigo?" Coach called up.

"Vertigo is a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear, she's just freaking out." Lydi stated.

"Erica?" Coach called again.

"I'm fine." She called back

"Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic." Alli said softly.

"W- Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff? Epileptic. Erica, you're fine. Just-Just kick off from the wall, there's a mat to catch you. C'mon." Coach said, rather gently I might add. we watched as she shook her head no.

"Hey, Coach, I got this." I stated determinedly as I started climbing up the other side.

"Lily!" Sti called once he realized I had started climbing with no harness.

"I got this." I muttered as I reached Erica.

"Hey, Erica." I said as I climbed right next to her and placed my left hand on her shoulder gently.

"Hi, Lily." She replied as she faced me.

"What do you say we get down and go get changed for our next class, ok?" I said softly.

"Ok. I'm scared, Lily." She admitted as she glanced down.

"Hey, don't worry about that, ok? Just look at me, yeah? I won't let you fall, ok?" I promised. Erica nodded. I smiled brightly at her which she returned before I wrapped my left arm around her waist securely.

"On the count of three, we're both gonna let go and glide back down, ok?" I said as I got ready to drop. She nodded again.

"One, two, three." I counted and on three we both pushed off and glided down softly.

"See, you're fine, you're on the ground, you're alright, shake it off. You're fine." Coach said once we reached the ground as I helped her take the harness off. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders gently and helped lead her through the crowd as people started laughing.

"Oi! If any of you lot laughs one more time then you'll have to deal with me, got it?" I exclaimed angrily at the group of students. Everyone stopped immediately as I started leading her out again. As I was standing in the locker room changing, I noticed a metallic taste in my mouth that tasted like blood.