2011; February 1-2

---- Tuesday, Feb. 1----

Derek left a few hours ago to teach Scott something. I stayed at the house so I wouldn't have to deal with that crap today and so I could get in some extra training. I had been training for about 4 hours before I decided to go to bed. I changed into some pjs and hopped into bed. Sleep quickly took over.

----Wednesday, Feb. 2----

I walked up the steps of the school looking for Lydia but instead was intercepted by a very angry Stiles. He grabbed my hand and started guiding me to our class as he told me about his dad being hit by a car at the parent-teacher conference. He raved about how Scott pulled Allison out of the way but didn't save his dad from being hit. I frowned slightly as he talked because I could tell how angry and upset he was. He was still talking as we sat down at our seats.

Stiles sat in front of Scott usually but he had me sit behind him instead of across from him. He was still fuming as Scott walked into the room. I could feel betrayal start to seep into his emotions so I squeezed his hand gently that I was still holding. Stiles took his gaze off Scott and looked at me as I gave him a soft smile. He returned it but it soon vanished as Scott sat beside me.

Scott sat down and started to apologize to Stiles who just ignored him. I listened to Stiles' heartbeat and could tell that he was getting more annoyed at his best friend with every word that came out of his mouth. I squeezed his hand again in comfort as the class started. I blocked out the two boys as the teacher started taking.

The class was soon over and I quickly left before either of the boys could catch me. I caught up with Lydia, who greeted me, and I linked our arms together as we walked to our next class. It was soon lunch and Lydia and I sat with Allison as she told us about some French beast. As she read from the story, I quickly made the connection that it was a werewolf as Lydia commented on how bored this made her.

"It is believed that La Bête was finally trapped and killed by a renowned hunter who claimed that his wife and 4 children were the first to fall pray to the creature. His name was Argent." Allison finished as Lydia looked at her skeptically. Allison turned the page and showed us a picture of the creature. Lydia and I both froze as we took in the image.

"It looks.... Like a big.... Wolf. See you in history." Lydia said as we snapped out of the trance we had both fell into. Her and I both stood, dumped our trays and left the cafeteria.

I was sitting in my last class, Economics, with Allison, Stiles, and Scott as Coach started to pick on Scott. I heard the heart rate monitor that Stiles had start to speed up. Allison grabbed his hand and the monitor started going down as Coach started to talk to me.

"What's up, Hale? You doing ok? How's Derek? How's your dad? They doing ok? Are you gonna do any sports this year, Hale? You should do basketball. You were good at it in middle school, right? Why don't you answer, Hale? Oh, right, you don't talk anymore, do you? You're a mute, right?" Coach ranted.

I felt my heart rate spike as a lump grew in my throat. I sunk down in my chair about halfway through his questioning. I tried to ignore the looks people were giving me. I could smell the sympathy and pity in the air. I grabbed my books and slung my bag over my shoulder as I abruptly stood up and walked out of the room. I walked down the hall to my locker as tears ran down my face.

I tried to unlock my padlock but my tears made it hard to see. Frustrated with it, I tore it off my locker with my strength. I glared at the lock for a minute before I chunked it into a nearby trash bin. I opened my locker and grabbed the books I need and stowed away the ones I didn't as I heard someone call my name. I turned away from the voice and hastily wiped my tears away as they came closer.