SHE DID WHAT...?

"Gibbs!"
"Hello agent Gibbs. This is officer Kyle Dearing. I have Jasmine Hutson here with me she was at a party and we had to arrest her. There was a problem with her foster father and she can't go back there anymore. Would you take her in for at least tonight? We have four other children to place somewhere else and it would be easier for everyone if you could take her until tomorrow."
"I'm on my way."
Then the conversation ends and Dearing comes back to the teenager. He helps her up and brings her back over to his desk.
"You alright now? Gibbs is on his way here, you will spend the night at his place and tomorrow we will see what will happen next."
Jasmine is glad Gibbs is coming to take her to his place even if it is only for the night. To be able to go somewhere she is  comfortable makes her feel warm inside.
"We should take care of your lip." Dearing says and gets the first aid kit.
He cleans the cut and lets  the girl rinse her mouth.
"Thank you." he smiles at her.
"Do you really have to tell Gibbs about what happened earlier?" Something tells her that this Gibbs guy is not someone who takes to kindly to breaking the law. And even if he isn't Jasmine's  guardian she cares about his opinion.
" Oh yes, I do." Dearing smirks.
" I guess he won't be happy to come and get me."
" Damn right. I am not happy but not because I have to take you home but because I have to get you from the police station." Jas whirls around and comes face to face with no other than agent Gibbs.
"Hi." she doesn't know what else to say.
"Hi? Thats all you have to say?"
"Agent Gibbs, nice seeing you again. Do you remember me?" Dearing interrupts.
" Kyle." Gibbs nods as a greeting.
"You are not of the hook, young lady." he turns back to the troublemaker. Somehow the young lady  comment makes Jas feel all of ten years old again.
"You want to tell me how you ended up here?"
She shakes her head no.
"I will explain" Dearing says. " We were called because there was a party and the neighbors couldn't stand the noise. When we got there we had to call the parents because the kids were drunk and almost all of them were under aged, but with fifteen she was by far the youngest." There Dearing frowns at the girl." Her guardian was the only one we couldn't reach so we decided to take her with us. Then when he came to get her he physically assaulted her and we arrested him. The children will be brought to an other family like I told you."
"Thank you, Kyle. I hope we won't meet under such circumstances again. We will be going then."
" I am sure you will see to it. Tell Tony I said hi."
"I will if you see to it that that bastard is thrown into jail."
" Oh I most certainly I will have a little chat with him and after that he will be glad to go to jail and get out of my reach."
Gibbs claps him on the back and nods his approval.
" Bye Dearing." Gibbs takes Jas' hand and walks her outside.
"Bye Gibbs, bye Jasmine." Dearing calls after them.

In the car Gibbs is silent. Nothing new but this time it isn't a comfortable silence. Again Jas feels like a little girl in trouble with her daddy. The trouble part is most likely true only that Gibbs is not her father.
Gibbs stops infront of his house and turns to the young girl sitting next to him.
"I can't believe that you were so reckless. What were you thinking?" she shrugs.
"Oh no, it ain't that simple for you to get out of this with shrugging. We will talk about this after you had a good sleep."
"Yes sir." Gibbs ignores the sir. After all Jasmine was in trouble.
" Good get inside and up to my room. There is already a shirt for you we will get your clothes tomorrow."
"That's not necessary I can wear the same clothes for one day."
" But some day you will have to change your clothes."
Jasmine is confused. "What do you mean?"
"I mean that if you come to live with me you will need more than one outfit."
"Live with you?"
"Yes. You will stay with me. I don't want you to go to an other foster family. It was wrong to leave you with people I didn't know anything about."
" But you don't know me why would you want to take in a troubled teenager?"
"Because I know what you are going through. I don't know you now but my gut tells me we will get along just fine."
Jas' eyes get wet and she rubs to stop the tears.
" Now get going before I decide to deal with your behavior right now."
Gibbs smiles when the kid hugs him tightly. He remembered his little girl doing that many years before. 
"Thank you." Jasmine whispers in his ear.
Then she lets him go and runs towards the house and up the stairs to his room where she changes in his shirt and flops down on the bed.
The girl is exhausted her high is wearing off and her eyes are getting heavier.