FEARS AND CONSOLING

Jenny is sitting behind her desk when the door is thrown open.

"Jethro really? How often do I have to tell you to knock before storming in here."

"Sorry Jenny. Its me not Gibbs."

"Jasmine you know you have to knock and wait for me to call you in."

"I know, I know. Won't happen again." She narrows her eyes at the girl that sat now on her couch.

"What do you want Mine?"

The girl just shrugs. "Nothing it's just that the team is so busy and I thought I would pay you a visit so you aren't alone up here all day."

"How nice of you." Jenny doesn't believe her completly but doesn't pry.

For a few minutes there is silence then Jasmine speakes up again.

"Jenny can I ask you something?" Ah here we go Jenny looks up.

"Of course" She says.

Jasmine stands up and comes over to her desk. She stands in front of her and tilts her head. "I was wondering about you and Gibbs." Oh no, not she aswell Jenny sighs.
"You behave strange around each other. On one hand you try to keep the requiered work distance when at the same time you act like you share a secret that happened in the past and so I asked myself if you are or were more than co-workers?"

Jenny puts her pen down. "Mine, that is complicated."

"Ughh, it's always the same when adults don't want to talk about something it's always to complicated." Jasmine rolls her eyes.

"Jasmine, it really is complicated and don't roll your eyes at me that is disrespectful." Jenny scolds.

"But really why don't you want to tell me?"

"Enough now, Jasmine Katharina!" her tone tells Jasmine to better stop if she doesn't want to be in trouble with the director. At least I know now that there must have been something between them or else they wouldn't keep it a secret.

"Please Jenny" Jasmine tries one last time and gives Jenny her best puppy eyes. Jenny sighs she couldn't resist this expression

"Listen Mine. It's been a long time since Gibbs and me were partners, he taught me everything I know today and you are right he is a very special person in my life and I can't deny that he means very much to me as a friend." She makes sure to emphasize the last word even when she knew she is lying with that statement but she also knows that the team is fantasising about her and their leader as a couple. For a moment Jenny thinks Jasmine would keep asking for more information but the girl nods and goes back to the couch.
Yeah sure a friend she thinks maybe this two just need a bit of help realising that there is more between them than frienship. Jasmine decides then that she would have to talk to Abby about this and what they could do about it.

"I will go to Abbys for a while. Bye Jenny." he girls says and runs for the door.

Jenny hasn't even time to respond she looks at the closed door and shakes her head.

Down in Abby's lab Jasmine sits next to her in front of the computer waiting for a result on a DNA test.

"Abby I need your help." Jasmine speakes up after a while.

"You know you can count on me what is it?"

"I spoke with the director this morning and gues what she admitted that Gibbs means something to her, ok she said as a friend, but come on there has to be more than a simple frienship. I want to show them that they are meant for each other. Don't get me wrong Gibbs is absolutly perfect as a guardian but it would be nice to have a woman around to talk to more often."