LIVING ON AND NEW TROUBLE...

It's been a week since Jas was accepted into the Gibbs family. This past week was the best of the girls life.  She may have loved her mom and the life she had with her but it always was only the two of them. Now she has two amusing, childish but protective brothers, two wonderful sisters, a doting uncle, a somewhat awkward cousin and a strict but loving father.

The only problem is that the whole family works at a federal office building and because she is still grounded Jasmine has to go with Gibbs into work every day. It is terribly boring and when all there is to do is sit around and watch the others work time drags by awfully slow. Normally Gibbs or one of the team takes the teen to lunch so she gets out for an hour or so. But today is different they had to go out because there was a dead body found at a park. Jas asked Gibbs to take her with them but his answer was no and he sent her to Abby. When the girl was at the lab though Abby wasn't there and now she is sitting in the bullpen watching all the agents around her work. Taking out a baseball Jasmine found at home, she starts bouncing it on the wall. The constant thud, thud, thud makes the people around her throw annoyed glances at the kid. Jasmine ignores them and keeps on playing with the ball. She never was good at sitting still and after a week of being prisoner at home and at the office the energetic girl is bored out of my mind.

" Young lady, who are you and what are you doing here? There are people around here who have work to do and you shouldn't be disturbing them." says a female voice  from behind. Jas catches the ball and turns around. There stands Jenny Shepard with a strict look on her face and her arms crossed. 

" I am Jasmine. And who are you that you think you can boss me around?" had she known who she is talking to Jasmine would surely have shown more respect.

" My name is Jennifer Shepard and I am the director of this agency." Oh shit, Gibbs told me she was out for the last week and that he would introduce me to her sometime today. That will make a wonderful impression.

" Sorry ma'am. I will stop." Jenny frowns before nodding.

" I would appreciate that. But give me the ball anyway, I do not want you to be tempted to start playing around again."

" I won't, I promise."  shaking her head the director points to the ball in the girl's hand before holding out her palm in a demanding way.

"Ughhh..." Jas puts the ball in the woman's outstretched hand.

" Thank you. Now, Jasmine, right? Why are you here on your own?" Jenny puts the ball in her pocket and looks at the kid standing in front of her.

" I am here with agent Gibbs but he had to go out in the field that's why I am alone for the moment."

" And then he left you all by your self?"

" No, ma'am. He send me to Abby but she wasn't there either that's why I am up here."

" Be that as it may, I do not want a repeat of this, are we clear?"

Jasmine nods. " Of course, ma'am."

" Very well then you can come up with me to my office. Then you aren't alone anymore and I get to know you. Gibbs already told me a bit but you know how much words he uses."

The girl has to smile. When she isn't acting like the strict and tough director she seems to the girl like a nice lady. Jasmine follows her into her office and Jenny points her to a couch in the corner.

"Sit down. Do you want something to drink?"

" Water please."

The director takes out two glasses and fills them up. Then she comes over to the couch and sits next to Jasmine before handing her the water.