SUSPENDED

Jasmine throws herself on the bed and groans. The whole thing was not meant to escalate in that way but that girl is just so annoying and in Jas' mind deserved the bloody nose she gave her. Her teacher, Gibbs and Jen obviously think different. Both of them weren't very happy when Gibbs had to leave a crime scene to get her from the principal's office.

"Stupid Melissa ..." She mumbles and kicks her bedframe.

"Ow, shit" she curses when her toe starts to throb painfully.

"Your bed can't be blamed for your temper, Jas." Gibbs stands in her door looking strict and unamused.

"hhmmpf" Jas just turns away from him.

"Look at me and start to explain what got into you?"

"Damn, that stupid girl deserved more than that one punch I landed."

"Watch your language, young lady!"

Jasmine rolls her eyes and turns around on the bed facing away from Gibbs.

"What did I just say? Look at me, now!"

"Leave me alone. I don't want to see anyone."

"You have to talk to me, something is bothering you but I can't help if you don't talk."

"It's nothing, Melissa is a stupid B..."

"Stop right there! I told you to watch your language."

Gibbs pulls Jasmine up from her bed, turns her sideways and lands two smacks to her backside.

"Ow, Gibbs!" she scowls.

"Save it, Jasmine. You deserved those." Gibbs turns her back around and looks her in the eyes.

"Please don't keep your feelings bottled up inside you. Talk to whomever you want to it doesn't have to be me." then he pulls her close and kisses the top of her head.

"Now come on we have to go back to NCIS. You will stay in Jenny's office and do the work your teacher gave me for you. And you are grounded for the three days of your suspension."

Scowling the girl follows. What the hell just happened? Did Gibbs really smack her? Wait he said I am grounded aswell.

"Gibbs you can't be serious. You already spanked me. No need for a grounding."

Gibbs stops and turns back to the girl.

"That, Jasmine, was not a spanking. Be glad I only grounded you this time."

"But.."

"No. Stop it. Come along now." one raised eyebrow is enough to get Jas to move.

Ziva looks terrified at the result she was holding in her hands. Tears burn at the corners of her eyes. Angry she wipes them away and tries to take deep breaths. Tony, she needs to go and find Tony. Throwing everything in her purse she leaves the bathroom to make the hardest confession of her life so far.

Gibbs and Jenny took Jasmine home an hour ago and made her vacuum the living room before the team would arrive.

So it is a grumpy teenager that sits on the sofa when Tim and Abby step into the house with two big salad bowls in their arms.

"Hey Jas, can you lend me a hand?" Abby asks when she has trouble balancing the bowl and closing the door at the same time.

"No." is the only answer she gets.

Shocked Abby looks at the girl sitting there ignoring her misery.

Before she could say something else Gibbs appears in the living room.

"Jasmine." he says threateningly.

The girl glares but stands up and takes the bowl out of Abby's arms.

"Happy now?" she snarls when she plops back down on the sofa.

Gibbs takes a deep breath and counts to ten, then he grabs Jas' arm and pulls her out in the hallway.

"Now you listen to me and listen carefully. I was very lenient with you the last month or so because I understand what your going through but your behaviour is getting out of hand. I want this attitude to stop, right now. Either you behave from now on accordingly and show some respect to Jenny, me, Abby, Tim, Tony and Ziva, they may be like siblings to you but they are still your elders, or I can lend you a helping hand."

Jas blushes at his obvious threat, she knew what he intended with 'lending a hand'. The smacks from that afternoon did not sting anymore but Gibbs just said he has been lenient and she didn't want to feel it when he doesn't hold back.

"Sorry." she mumbles.

"Lets go back then." he put his arm around her and guides her back in the living room.

Jas was about to sit in the far corner of the room when Gibbs tows her towards the couch and sits her next to him keeping his arm firmly around her. Something is wrong with his girl and he wants her to know that she didn't have to endure it alone.

While the two talked Ziva and Tony arrived and gathered everyone in the living room. Now they stand in the middle of the room looking a mixture of happiness, fear and nervousness.

"I... uhh... I mean we... we want to... to share some great news with you. That is we hope you think of it as good news." Tony stutters.

"DiNozzo you sound like Abby. Spit it out."

"Yeah Boss...."

Ziva now found the courage to look up and at Gibbs and Jenny. There is something in her eyes that they never saw there before.

"Gibbs, Jenny, Tim, Abby, Jas..." she adresses everyone and looks from one to an other until her eyes rest on Tony. He smiles and puts his arms around her.

"Tell them." he murmurs.

"Tony and I are having a baby." she stumbles over the sentence.

Everyone is silent. Then Abby jumps up, clapping and hugging first Ziva and then Tony.

"I'm so happy for the two of you. I can't believe it. I will be aunty Abby in a few months. Oh Zi, we have to go shopping the next week... I know it's early but you have to prepare. How far are you? Do you know if it's a boy or girl, not that it matters."

"Abby stop. I have not even been to see a doctor yet."

Tim is next to congratulate.

Then Jen steps forward and hugging Ziva tightly to her chest.

"My little girl gets a little baby. I can't believe I'm becoming a grandmother."

Ziva melts into the embrace.

Then Jen moves on to Tony and Gibbs huggs Ziva.

"Please don't leave me alone with this."

"Never. We are always there to help you."

After Ziva steps back Gibbs walks over to Tony.

He looks his second in command over. He would make a damn good father.

Before Gibbs says anything he reaches up and smacks the back of DiNozzo's head so hard everyone in the room has to wince. Then he rubs it soothingly and smiles. No further words are needed.

Last Jas comes over and stands infront of them.

"I'm so happy you're having a baby. I promise you I'll be the best aunt you've ever seen. Trust me that Baby is in good hands."

Both Tony and Ziva hug the young girl. "We never expected anything less of you, Jas."

Now that all was said they are able to enjoy a nice evening.

Jas sits next to Jen and Gibbs. The day may have begun terrible but it ends not as bad as Jas had thought. She even starts to forget the nasty words Melissa said that morning. She didn't know anything about her family. They are unique, special, loving and most important loyal beyond believe.

Now she has three days suspension to sit through but after that everything would be back to normal she thinks and rests her head on Jenny's shoulder.