ADDING ONE MORE

Nine month later....

The last couple of month were not always easy. Ziva gave Gibbs and Jen a lot of trouble when it came to desk duty and taking time of for the safety of the baby. Of course eventually she lost the battle against her boss and director and resigned herself to her fate. From this day on Ziva spent the majority of her days in Abby's lab. The two women talked mostly about names, the nursery, baby clothes and what it would be like having an infant in their lives.

Today the two sit at Abby's table drinking tea and eating biscuits. The team has been out in the field the whole morning and is still not back after lunch.

"Oh Abby I'll be glad when the baby is finally born and I can go out in the field again. I feel like a turky stuffed for thanksgiving."

"You should give yourself more time with the baby. It's not necessary that you come back right after giving birth."

"She won't, believe me, Abby." Gibbs just joined them in the lab and kisses both of their foreheads.

"Gibbs, I will decide when I come back to work."

"And I will decide when you can come with us out in the field again. Tony will have something to say about this aswell."

"He is not the one walking around like a balloon, that is about to burst, with aching feet."

"No, but what he is, is the father of this child."

"Whatever." Ziva turns and leaves the lab.

"That girl..." Gibbs mutters under his breath before he follows Ziva.

The next hours seem to last forever. They can't find a lead and Ziva gets grumpier with every minute.

"Gibbs, I think I will go home and rest for a little while." she finally said.

"You okay?" he looks at her and she nods.

"Just a bit tired."

Gibbs watches her for an other moment before he turns to Tony to order him to take Ziva home and look after her.

The two leave and the remaining agents get back to work.

Jasmine is up in Jenny's office playing on her phone when the director's cell rings.

"Oh my god, Ziva are you sure? Yes, yes I will tell them... What? No. No you just concentrate on yourself now. Is Tony with you?.... Yes... Ziva.. Ziva.. calm down, girl. Everything will be alright... of course we'll come to the hospital. See you soon." then she hangs up.

"What was that about?" Jas asks without looking up.

"The baby is coming."

"What!?" that brings the girl to her feet.

"Go tell Gibbs and the others. I'll get my purse and we'll meet in the parking lot in ten minutes.

It is a funny sight when seven people storm into the hospital demanding to know where Ziva David was. They are sent to the waiting area by a strict nurse who is not in the least bit  impressed with their antics.

Two hours later everyone is ready to burst.

"Oh my god, can't she hurry up and give birth already. I waited nine months thats really long enough I want to hold my niece or nephew in my arms."

"Abby is right. How much longer will we have to wait?"

"Abigail, Jasmine, it takes as long as it takes. Now stop complaining." Jenny is nervous aswell and the two are not helping with their impatience.

"But I'm hungry. Gibbs wouldn't stop so I could get a burger."

"Jethro, give her a dollar, so she can get a granolabar. Or seven we could all use something to eat."

One more hour passes before the door opens and a very tired but happy looking Anthony DiNozzo comes out in the hall.

"And?"

"Is it a girl or a boy?"

"What is it?"

"Tony? How are mother and child?"

Everyone asks at the same time.

"We got a daughter. A little girl. She is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen." Tony beams.

"Congratulations, Tony." Gibbs is the first to hug him, followed by Jenny and Abby. McGee smiles and pats him on the back.

"My dear Anthony, welcome to fatherhood." Ducky pats his cheek and Jimmy shakes his hand.

"It was about time, they wouldn't feed me, Tony." Jasmine walks towards him. "Congratulations by the way." she sais and hugs him.

While the younger ones were congratulating outside, Jenny and Gibbs sliped into Ziva's room.

The young woman looks worn out but smiles at the infant sleeping in her arms.

"Oh Ziva, she is beautiful, like an angel." Gibbs looks over her shoulder at the little girl.

"Yes she is. You want to hold her?"

Gibbs nods and she hands the tiny humanbeing over to him.

The little girl stirs but snuggles against Gibbs and goes back to sleep.

Jenny hugs Ziva to her side.

"You are a mom, Ziva." she smiles down at her surrogate daughter.

"I'm scared, Jenny. How can I be a good mommy? I never had the perfect family life, I do not know how to provide that for my girl."

"You will do just fine and you are not alone. Look at them." Jenny points to Gibbs and the baby.

Ziva's eyes tear up. "Thank you," she whispers.

Gibbs hands the baby to Jenny and sits next to Ziva on the bed.

"I'm so proud of you." he kisses her temple lovingly.

She rests her head on his shoulder smiling at Jenny who softly sings to the baby.

Tony comes back inside followed by the rest of the gang.

Jenny puts his daughter in his arms and she opens her eyes. Big blue eyes meet the ones of the agent and his heart melts.

"Whats her name, Ziva?" Jasmine looks over Tony's shoulder at the gurgling baby.

"We named her after my little sister. Meet Tali David DiNozzo."

"Thats so sweet. Tony give her to me." Abby held her arms out for the baby.

After that Tali is handed to everyone in the room and when it is at last Jasmine's turn she smiles lovingly at her niece and sits on the chair in the far corner of the room.

"Hey my little angel. I'm your youngest aunty Jas. You look so beautiful. I will always watch out for you, I promise. And I will help you endure life with that crazy lot over there." the baby gurgles again and Jasmine has to laugh.

"What's so funny Jas?"

"Nothing. It's just that we already understand each other."

Half an hour later the team left the proud new parents alone with their daughter to enjoy the first night as a family.