MOVING ON

The next morning Jasmine is very nervous. She only plays with her pancakes instead of eating them. Gibbs looks at her over his newspaper. 

"Stop that, Jas. If you don't want to eat them put your plate in the sink and get ready ", then he glances at his watch, "we leave in fifteen minutes so hurry please."

"Gibbs do I have to be there? Mrs. Peterson knows everything, she can tell everyone." 

"Sorry, sweety but you have to tell them yourself. Jenny and I will be there with you. Don't worry you're not alone." 

"I don't want to stay in that school. Everyone will think I'm a tattling baby. Can't I change school?"

"No you can't. You'll stay  and show everyone what a strong girl you are." Gibbs pats her back and pushes her towards the stairs. "Now you have ten minutes left." 

Jas slowly climps the stairs and disappears in the bathroom. Right then Jenny comes out of the bedroom, tying her hair up into a bun. 

"Jethro, where is Jasmine? We have to leave."

"I send her to get ready, she will come down in a few minutes."

"How is she doing?" Jenny pours herself a bit of coffee and sits down at the table. 

"She is anxious but she will be fine. I hope after today there won't be anymore problems with bullying."

Jas comes back and the three leave for school to have a meeting with the principal, the teachers and Melissa and her mother.

Jenny puts her arm around Jasmine's shoulders when they arrive in front of the school. "You are not alone, sweety. We love you.", she whispers and kisses the girl on the forehead.

Then Gibbs takes her hand and squeezes it reassuringly and together they make their way towards the principal's office.

The meeting took almost two hours and ended with a wailing Melissa and her angry mother stamping out of the office. All her teachers apologized to Jas and told her they would make sure that Melissa didn't get an other chance to pick on her.

Now she sits next to her best friends in her last class for the day and for the first time in a long while Jasmine enjoyed her school day. No one made fun of her or insulted her for telling on Melissa. She even heard a few people say that Melissa deserved to be put in her place for once.

Before going home Jas puts a few books in her locker and when she turns around she is surprised to see someone leaning on the lockers next to her.

"Scott?!  Hi.... I... I... we go to the same school? Well obviously but I haven't seen you before. I mean... uh... how are you?" wonderful Jas, one cute boy and you are a drooling, stammering idiot.

The boy smiles impishly. "Fine, thanks. And you? Heard you're the one who saved us from looking at Melissa's face for the next week."

Jas' cheeks turn red and she looks at her shoes. Scott punches her lightly on the arm. "Don't feel bad. That minx deserves much more. Pretty brave of you to stand up to her and get help. If she ever dares to do anything to you again you tell me, alright?" That makes  Jasmines cheeks color even more. "Thanks, I guess." she mumbles and Scott grins. "Okay, got to go. I'm already late for practice. See you tomorrow at lunch.", and he walks away before Jas got a word out.

A happily grinning Jas walks into the bullpen. Tony tilts his head and surveys the girl.

"Gibbs told us that the meeting went fine this morning but I haven't thought it would make you this happy."

"Yeah it was okay." she sits down behind Gibbs desk.

"Where's Gibbs?"

"Gone for his fifth coffee today..... But if the meeting was only okay why are you grinning like a cheshire cat?"

"Talked to somebody I met a while ago."

Tony narrows his eyes. "Is that someone a girl you befriended?"

"No."

"Then who is it?"

Jasmine rolls her eyes and shrugs.

"Just a boy I met when I was at the park with Tali. He is pretty cute..." Tony coughs and Jas smiles innocently.

"Whats his name? How old is he?"

"Tony don't be so nosy."

"That's what big brothers are supposed to do! So.....?"

"His name is Scott and I don't know how old he is.  He can't be much older than me."

"You don't know? I don't want you to date boys that are older than you! I don't want you to date boys at all. You don't know him, maybe he does drugs or has a criminal background "

"Oh Tony stop it! He is a friend not one of your suspects."

"You can't be sure. Maybe we should make sure...."

"No! Don't be ridiculous." Jas takes a crumpled up paper and throws it at Tony's head.

"Hey! How many times do I have to tell you that this ain't a playground!", Gibbs comes around the corner.

"Sorry, Gibbs." Jas jumps up and makes room for him to sit down.

"What's this about?" Gibbs asks the two.

"She is dating a boy she doesn't know anything about beside his name." Tony tattles.

"No she doesn't." Gibbs says to the younger agent and then turns to Jas.
"You won't go out with anybody anytime soon. You're to young to be interested in boys."

"I don't date that boy. He is just a friend but if I want to go out with him I will. I'm not to young it wouldn't be my first time dating a boy, your just to old to understand." Jas snaps.

"Watch it young lady. You obviously know nothing about that guy."

"And I said I'm not going out with him. We're just eating lunch together. Nothing more. Don't make such a big fuss." she stomps her foot and walks away towards Abby's lab.

"I think I'll have Jenny talk to her." Gibbs mutters before turning back to his computer.

The next day Jasmine nervously waits in front of the cafeteria. Scott told her this morning that he would meet her there. But would he really? What if he decided that he doesn't want to be friends with a snitch? Groaning Jasmine was about to go inside when Scott came running down the corridor. " Sorry, coach kept me a bit longer today." Jas gives him a big smile and together the two enter the cafeteria and walk towards the table of her friends.

Annika, Larisa and Chrissy look up when their friend sits down with a cute boy following suit. "Hey guys, this is Scott, I meet him a few weeks ago at the park. Scott, these are Annika, Larisa and Jasmine, my best friends." Scott winks at the girls and all three blush identically. Lunch goes over far to quickly for Jas' liking but Scott promised to eat more often with the girls from now on. 

Along with her friends Jas walks happily to the next class. " He is quite cute isn't he?" she smiles and Chrissy nods. " The next time you go to that park you will take me with you, you hear!" the blond laughs. Jasmine shrugs and skips a bit in front of her friends. The three look at each other knowingly. Someone has definitely got a crush...!