burned and forgotten

I found your letter today.

I couldn't see what I was missing before. It's cute to think what I thought was something back then now pales in comparison to what I have now. It's your fault you know, despite the letter absolving you from complete blame. You were manipulative to a certain degree, crazy for letting me think what I did from what you told me.

I found your letter today.

I had all but forgotten it. I thought I had thrown it in the lake with the other crap you gave me before, you know. Like where it belongs.

I found your letter today.

I can't believe how delusional I was and how quickly those feelings would change after the stunt you pulled after. I have forgiven you but that doesn't mean forgotten what you did.

I found your letter today.

Jokes on you because you have already realized how useless the others were now in comparison to anything real. Jokes on you, I found someone that would actually care about me at all and not lie to my face even when he gets mad at me. Jokes on you, I learned my lesson and God granted my wish.

I found the letter today.

And now I can't even remember why I thought to write those words that I knew you would never hear when I finally realized what a mistake it had all been.

I found a piece of paper today.

It had words on it that I think I once meant. I think so anyway.

I found a story today.

It talked about something but now I can't pinpoint what it was.

I saw ashes fly today.

I burned all of my papers and regrets today.

Huh, that's odd. I think I might've burned a faint nightmare away.

Goodness, God sure had me in the palm of His hand for that one. He always protected me anyway.

I thanked God today.