Spirit

I bent my head and closed my eyes and as your voice rose and fell, the hair on my neck stood up. An uncomfortable pit in my stomach began fidgeting, a cold spreading over my toes and fingertips. What was he saying? I focused harder, my heart pounding in my chest and rising with each lift and dropping with each bass. My mind spun as I tried to wrap my mind around it and a heavy presence blanketed around me, muffling out the world and I began shivering. The heaviness lifted a kind of weight off my shoulders, the air brushing past my face thick and light at the same time. I breathed in, my lungs expanding. Maybe this wasn't so foreign. Maybe this wasn't overdramatic. Maybe that wild and untamed speech was glorifying to Him because He was just that. You inhaled several times, calling on His name as you prayed and that was when I knew that it shouldn't be alien to me that He cannot be tamed. He is a wild and untamable lion but also the gentle lamb. Perhaps I had been too focused on the lamb. Perhaps I needed to be reminded of that blinding power of the lion fighting for me. The Spirit brushed my face, lifting my hair once more and I was filled with a warmth and excitement for Him that had been dormant. I breathed in the Spirit.