Doll

It isn't the fact that you lost yourself in him. It isn't the fact that you forget everything that has been nailed into your head since birth.  It's the disappointment I have for you that you lost yourself and you have no desire to regain it back. Honey, your identity isn't found in him. It isn't found in a feeling. It isn't found in losing something sacred to you. It's found in Jesus Christ alone and not in your passing fancies. Quit giving him attention; quit giving him all that you are; quit pushing your family away; quit resisting any help that's offered. You are a victim we have to watch drown in the water and it's your fault because you can't see it. You won't see it. I spoke about once about your glazed eyes as you stared at him but it wasn't even him that really dragged you down. It was that idea that you had to have someone to complete you. Honey, all you need is what God gives you and if he takes things away, you don't need them. Your glazed eyes stare back at me and I'm reminded of a doll. A porcelain doll that I used to collect. You froze that smile on your pale face and stare back at me; my words bouncing off of you like there is not anything inside. It hurts; it really does. I don't understand your pulling away from everyone when you don't even know who you are. I pray for you. I really do. And I hope one day I have that same best friend 'cept a little wiser and we can talk about everything that happened and move on from all of this. I would help you; I will. But it isn't anything I can say to a doll staring vacantly back at me. No, there's nothing but prayer at this point.