Chapter Three. (3.)

Louis' Point Of View 

      The mind is where we think, heal, believe, dream, and most importantly, love. The mind is where every thought takes place, and where we build our images of others - our images of yourself. Our mind is where we are aloud to be who we are, truly who we are. Our mind is our most important part of our body--it's one of the essential parts of life, obviously.

     But.. if your mind is like mine, it's different. When you hear things you shouldn't, that others shouldn't hear, it's different. When you can see things that no other is able to see, it's different. When you know demons, angels, hell, even talking animals are real, it's different.

     If your mind is so fucked up, it makes your image of yourself be fucked up, too, it's different.  I always knew I was different. In a world of chess pieces, I felt as if I would be easily compared to a pawn. In a world full of perfection and beauty, I was like a down-graded ugly duckling. In a world full of blossoming flowers, I was the one who made all of them whiter and flow back into the dirt. I wasn't anything special, I wasn't amazing, I wasn't even normal. I had fucking cat ears upon my head, and a tail for god's sake! Who the fuck do you know who has bloody cat ears and a tail?

     Why is Harry my best-friend? What does he see in me? What makes me so special? Every one of those words, those thoughts, ran through my mind as I lay there next to Harry under the stars. His arm was so comfortable.

     I glanced up at the curly haired lad, and a smile automatically grazed my face. I stared up at him for a second, and then turned me head, and began to trace the constellations in the sky, like I would Harry's face if I could. Every cancellations had it's own story, and they kind of-- in a way --reminded me of scars; up in clear view for those who look, but to the one's who ignore it, not there.

     I sent another subtle glance towards him, and my eyes connected with his green ones. A smile was on both of our faces, and I could feel myself leaning closer. I didn't know why, I shouldn't be haven't these feelings.. not for a boy, and not for Harry. I quickly turned my head as we were growing inches apart, and I could feel a blush rise to my cheeks.

      A certain feeling ran through me, instinctive and strong. Unknowing and curious, I embraced the feeling - but didn't let it get to me - as I snuggled into Harry's stomach, all previous thoughts gone and only happy thoughts evident.

     "I wonder," I pondered aloud. "If the stars have their own story, Hazzy... Like if each star stands for their own thing. Like each one is a struggle over-comed, or an angel who went back to their home-land."

     "That's..." Harry seemed lost at thought, succumbed in my words. "That's... I don't know. Maybe, Lou-bear. Maybe..."It would make sense."

     "Would it?" I asked, wondering. "Would it make sense to the normal people? The people who didn't think like you and I do?"

    "What's this about, Lou?" He ignored and dodged answering my question.

     "I don't know..." I really didn't know. It seemed as if I had too many emotions in me right now to even attempt to think clearly.

     After another moment of silence, I spoke again. "Do you remember when we first met?"

      "How could I forget?" He looked down at me, and a small grin made it's way upon his face, making his dimple appear. He let out a small chuckle. "You ran into me running to get to me! That was the best day of my life."

     My heart leaped at his words. "Do you remember the first words we spoke to each other?" It was my turn to let out a laugh.

     He smiled wider. "Did they even count as 'words'? You said 'Oops', and I said "Hi', of course I remember, weirdo."

     "I knew," I admitted. "I knew from the start we were meant to be friends... Yeah, I lie. Yea- No. We weren't, at the beginning. It was so bloody awkward! Our mother's barely got along, they hated each other. Why my mum gave me permission to go over there if she didn't like your mum is unknown, but.. I'm so happy she did."

     "Me too." He said. "Me too..."

     I let out a yawn as I tore my eyes away from the angel above me's face, and snuggled back into his stomach.

     "Tired?" Harry asked, and let out a small laugh.

     "Hmm," I hummed, closing my eyes as I yawned again.

     "Sleep, boo. I'll carry you inside if you fall asleep." Harry was such a sweet guy... This is one of the reasons why I loved him. "I'll be here when you wake up, lovely. I promise. Always."

     I mumbled in agreement as I whispered a small "Love you" as my last words before drifting into sleep. Little did Harry know how much that 'love you' was true for me in a way more then a best-friend.

     (A:N// GUISE! I love you all so much. I had to get this chapter out before I went to sleep. Basically, a filler chapter, giving you some information that'll be needed to understand the story! I love you guys! Comment and vote, lovelies! Can we get seven votes for an early upload this time, pleaaaaaase? *puppy dog/Liam look*)