Chapter Twenty Four. (24.)

3rd person Point of View.

     Louis fixed his tie as Ni and Zayn gave him thumbs up from behind a tree. He smiled softly, nervousness fluttering behind his calm appearance. What if Harry says no? He had his doubts; he had his worries too. what if he says no? Both of the boys were young, only eighteen. What if he didn’t want to get married at this age? What if he didn't want to get married at all?

       “When do you want to get married?” Being only thirteen, the boys were childish and definitely not like normal boys their age. They talked about sports and sex and all of that like usual 13 year old's, but somehow, it was different – talking about other things too, like what colleges they were going to go to and the type of family structure they wanted to have. They talked about first kisses and how they imagined they were going to go -- they never imagined it'd be with each other.

      They talked about how they wanted to go to the same colleges and how they wanted to always be together and never apart; they were the connotation of inseparable. Harry and Louis were never wavering in the fact that they were dead set on being best friends forever – that was okay with them, too. Both of them, only an age where they should be prepubescent and nothing more than mildly responsible, were suddenly promising more to each other than expected. Harry and Louis were promising each other forever, whether it was in the form of love, or the form of friendship.

       Of course, it was only friendship. That’s all it was and all it ever would be for them. But as Louis asked Harry that question, even Louis' thirteen year old self was silently wishing more than that and more than anything, that he would say that he would want to marry him. That he’d want to grow old with Louis, do everything with him, and love him. But he would never, ever admit to that. Louis' pride and ego were more important than the fact that his heart screamed Harry’s name. Did it scream his name? Only as a best friend of course, that’s all it’d ever be, right?

      “I want to get married when the time is right. When everything is perfect and when I find the right someone.” Louis took notice to the fact that he said someone, not girl.  

       “Why didn’t you say girl?” Louis asked, shyly. A big part of him screamed out, lurching his stomach in an attempt for him to say the words that his heart was thinking. For a moment, Louis was dead-set on telling him his secret too. Telling him that he thought he liked him. Telling him that he thought he was gay, or maybe bisexual.

“I didn’t say girl because… because,” Was it just Louis or was he leaning in? Was it just Harry or was Louis, too? Louis didn’t have time to register anything affiliated to questions in his mind because suddenly, Harry's lips were on Louis' and they were moving in sync.

They had never talked about that day again, not even to each other; that day under the fort that confirmed what Louis always knew he felt for Harry; Louis was sure it never crossed Harry's mind again, but it definitely crossed his.

Louis smiled at the memory fondly. God, I love you, Harry, he thought.

Louis was nervous. Not about the fact that he was worrying about what would happen if Harry would say no, but what if he said yes? What'd happen then? Would they follow through? Would they tell his parents first or would they tell Louis'? What would happen?

The future was always a scary subject for Louis. He'd always been terrified about it, scared of what was to come. When it came to Harry, Louis didn't see a future with out him at all. Actually, he never had thought about it until now. Yes, he was asking him something that required thinking about the future, and definitely tried his limits on what his fear were, but as for the main limit, Louis'd never crossed it. He had never crossed that end boundary that required his focus to hone in on. As Louis'd tried thinking about the future, all he saw were moment Harry had him had had.