Chapter Five. (5.)

Harry's Point of View

     "You'll find out soon."

Sally's word ran through my mind as I desperately tried to find any hints leading to Louis not being human.The reasons that I found were foolish; It was the little things--how he never took off his shirt in front of me, or anyone, and never cut his hair any shorter then below his ears. They gave me no reason to believe he wasn't human, but at the same time, I was so desperate to find any answer to my questions, that anything was everything at this point.

     "You'll find out soon."

     I wonder if he would tell me, if he knew. We're best friends, why would he not tell me something? He tells me everything, and in return, I tell him everything too. Except that I wasn't human, either. I guess, in a way, if he really wasn't human, I could tell why he would be keeping it a secret. That didn't mean I wasn't curious and angry about the situation, though. I wanted to know the Louis I thought I did--the real one. Do I even know the real Louis? If Louis isn't human, most importantly, what is he? Is he like me? Is he different? Is he an alien sent from another bloody planet in hopes to abduct me and take me to their alien queen? At this point, I could never be too open-minded about the possibilities. 

     I wanted to talk to Louis about it--I wanted to confront him; to tell him that I( knew that he wasn't human. To tell him that he knew he could trust me--to tell him I wanted to know the REAL Louis. But, that's hypocritical. I can't tell Louis to share himself. when I, myself, haven't told him the fool truth.

     I've been trying to. I've always wanted to--to me, honesty is something I always want in a friend ship. I want to be able to not keep secrets. I want to tell Louis everything, I try to. But.. Sally said if I told anyone, I was dead. Literally. Even if I told him everything, there's one thing I wouldn't tell him; ever.

     Louis Tomlinson would never know that I was in love with him, or 'long as we both shall live' will have to be cut short for me.

           Louis' Point of View.

Harry has been keeping a closer eye on me lately. He hasn't given me any space; well, barely--the space I have gotten is small and strict. It's like he's a detective, and I'm a criminal that made some big crime, he hasn't taken his eyes off of me. As if he was looking for a sign, something to tip him off that I was lying about what I told him, he kept a weary eye on me--looking for a sign of fear, or a sign of indecision in my features. 

I could call it annoying, or frustrating or many words, but it wasn't. It was like every time he looked at me, he gave me a new hidden part of his identity I never knew until now. Everything was piecing together, in a way. It's as if every secret was coming out, and I was left to guess the possibilities.

     Harry had been leaving suddenly every-day we were together, saying he needed to met someone. Every time I had asked him who, he had dismissed it, finding a way to dismiss answering the question. I had come to a conclusion that had utterly broken my heart. It's ripped me apart to even think this, non the less have the urge to confront him every time he walks out of that door. 

The only conclusion I could come up with is that.. Harry was seeing someone; a girl. That answer was the only one even half way suitable. Harry was a ladie's man; every woman worshipped on the ground he stepped upon--why would I ever consider thinking that he would like me? 

You're so stupid, Louis. I scolded myself in my mind, as I blinked back the tears already threatening to overflow. Thinking he'd want you, a freak.  Why would he want you?

I turned to look at the Cheshire boy, who, at this moment, was making an omelet, at four o-clock in the afternoon. I traced my eyes over his body, the contour of his legs in his basketball shorts, the way his tongue stuck out in concentration as he attempted to flip the omelet over. He put the omelet on the plate, and I saw his stomach muscle tighten. He was truly a Greek god, a beauty that should be nothing less of sculpted and worshipped. As I looked at him, truly looked through every memory we've ever had together, and everything we've been through, I knew the inner voice was right. Why would he ever want me? He's too good for me. 

      I took this as my chance to speak, wanting to break the chain of silent that for me, was awkward and thoughtful. "Harry?"

      His head automatically snapped up at the sound of my voice. "Louis." His voice was patronizing, and he stuck out his tongue at me, squinting his eyes in a way that made him look like a bunny rabbit.

     "I know you're seeing someone. It's that  Sally girl, isn't it?" I jumped right to the point, wanting to know if my theory was correct. I wanted to know if he really was seeing someone, because then I could know whether I had a chance or not--even a sliver of hope. 

     "I...N-" Harry turned away just as his buzzing phone interrupted him. He picked up the cellphone and read what looks to be a text message as I waited impatiently for him to be done, tapping my foot and holding back tears.

      His face scrunched up, and it looked as if he had tears in his eyes. His face turned serious as he scanned the text again, as if double checking to see if he had read right. I wished I hadn't of said anything; I wish I hadn't have. "Yes... yes we are. I have to go, Lou. Sally and I have a date."

       He walked out of the room then, and I heard the sound of the front door slam. Somewhere in the empty room, quiet and alone- the only sound the pan in which the omelet used to lay sizzling, and the ringing in my ears -  I heard my heart break, and shatter; along with my hope.

(A:N// 10 votes for the next chapter? :) Comment what you thought, and vote please!)