Chapter Nine. (9.)

3rd Person Point of View

    "Well..." Harry said. "Where do I start? It's a long legend, and I don't even know if it's true. It... It might not be, and everything Zayn told me was a lie..."

    "Zayn?" Louis was trying to remember the name, and why it sounded so familiar. He was trying to remember so badly that he began to make a pucker grow between his eyes. Harry lifted his hand up, took his thumb, and make a circle near the pucker, wanting it to smooth out. Louis' skin seared hot and pinkened at the hand of the curly lad. Louis still wasn't this used to being close with harry; well... they had always been close, but never like this. Not letting their passion take over each other's bodies and be able to embrace as they have. Be able to kiss each other softly on the lips. This whole experience was new to them both, only an hour old, at most. And yet, they acted as if it was forever.

    "Malik?" Louis spoke. He had remembered--he remembered Harry talking to Zayn and introducing him to Louis for the first time as his best friend. He had also introduced Zayn's leprechaun of a boyfriend, Niall; while recessive and easy-going, much like Louis himself, he had also learned that Niall was the extreme jealous type. As Louis had hugged Zayn for the first time they met, he swear he has heard a dog like growl leave Niall's lips, and a small snarl of hatred. From that day, that had become friends, but Louis had learned never to come in a ten foot radius while Niall was around Zayn; or else.

    "Yeah." Harry agreed. "Zayn Malik. I think I introduciedyou to him and Niall once, right?"

    "Mhm." Louis made a humm of agreement. "Anyway, carry on with the story?"

    With a quick peck on the lips, and the feeling of Louis move from cuddling into Harry's lap, to sitting next to, but partly on top. of him, Harry continued. "Yeah; well, like I was saying, it might not be true, but I... I'm gonna need you to be really, really open-minded, okay, baby?" Harry slipped the nickname into that sentence. Half way because he knew it made Louis turn to jello, and made the older boy blush, and because Harry loved finally being able to call him it.

    "Aren't I always?" A chuckle came out of Louis' mouth.

    "Of course." A wink was given, and the story was continued. "Damnit, Louis. Stop being so tempting and freaking irresistible to I can concentrate!"

        Louis didn't know whether that was a compliment, or an insult, so he let it pass. "Continue then, Mr. Easily Distracted." Louis teased the lad below him.

        "Okay.." Harry went on' resisting the urge to stick out his tongue at the older boy and get distracted again.  "Well, it's said that... that there are people; people that aren't, well, normal. And I don't mean normal as in, someone someone would bully in school, someone someone would tease for being different, but I mean.. supernatural different. I'm one of those people."

        Louis' face was straight, and in his eyes, they held understanding. Zayn's words of Louis not being human ran through Harry's mind, and the understanding was understandable; Harry continued. "I.. I wasn't born this way. In fact, i only seemed to be this way since I was 7 or 8, about a short time after I met you, actually. I had to try really hard to keep it from you. It was hard, it still is. It feels really, really weird to call myself not human, but I'm not. I'm not a vampire, or a werewolf, I'm not a fairy tale character that someone could want to date out if a book. I'm not the good guy, Louis. If anything, I'm something that could be in someone's nightmares easily if they knew I, or well... we existed. I'm not normal. I never was, and never will be. I'm... I'm a pyro-power."

       Louis gaze held confusion as his blue eyes locked with Harry's emerald. "Pyro-power? What's that?" His voice was thick with confusion, his tone held wonderment and curiosity; one that a child would have when being told a story tale for the first time. All of this, this whole legend, was in a way a fairy tale.

    "And this," Harry sighed and stared ahead, "is were the legend comes in."

    Harry began to day dream to the time that Zayn had first told him the legend, a warm day that was in the summer of last year, when he had told Zayn for the first time everything, confided in him or the first time, spilling out his very much kept in emotions. He remembered how Zayn had looked at the poor boy, crying and shaking due to letting everything out all at once, with sympathy and understanding. Then, he remembered how Zayn had told him about how 'he was just like Harry'. That Harry wasn't alone. Zayn knew about everything, because he was a hydro-power, a power that corresponded with a dog-hybrid. His boyfriend, Niall, was a dog hybrid. With one look, you wouldn't be able to see that Niall was in fact part dog, thought they had only mat once, Harry didn't recall having any strange thoughts on Niall's beanie and sweatshirt in the middle of Summer; though, lookig back now, he didn't know why he wouldn't have questioned it.

    "Well..." Harry was remembering so deep into the past, he didn't notice he said the exact same words that Zayn had told him long ago. "It's said that hybrids--people who are part of an animal--roam the Earth; meaning, in other words, there are people that are half of an animal, half of a human out there. The thought is ludicrous to think about, to the normal mind, at least. To me, though, it's not so unnatural. Everything others would find crazy, like vampires or werewolves existing, or unicorns roaming the earth, aren't so bad to me. They seem natural, in my eyes at east. They seem like an everyday part of life for me. Does that make sense?"

    Louis, who had stiffened when the subject about hybrids, had came up, nodded his head stiffly, staring down at his TOMs in fascination. Harry heard Louis voice speak up softly, echoing through the now awkwardly quiet room. "Do you think they're weird--hybrids? Do you think that they're, well, disgusting, I guess?"

    "No!" Harry thought that it was cool, to the least. "No! Why would you ever think that? They make me who I am; I'll explain how now. They make me who I am, I don't think they're weird, or disgusting. I think they're the strongest things in my eyes, they are amazing, and beautiful... to me, at least."

    Louis didn't look up from his shoes, but Harry could see the small smile that he loved creep onto Louis' face. Harry took a moment to stare at Louis lovingly before jumping back into the story. To put it briefly, he wanted to hurry up with telling this legend, so he and Louis could snog some more.

    "Like I was saying, Hybrids are.. well, they are the ones that make me, me. Legends says that if you are not near a hybrid, you can not gain a 'power'.

    "By a power, I mean... well, there are four types of powers, as there are four types of hybrids, that we--the legend, meaning--know of. The dragon hybrid, supposedly, those are rare--there is only two left in the world, which I doubt that there are; I've never seen one. But then again, I've never seen a hybrid, besides from Niall."

Yes you have, Louis thought, Me.

      "Anyway, as I was saying, the Dragon hybrid, corresponds with the Element of Earth. I do no know which powers the Earth-powers are to recieve, but I know they are strong.

      "Next, there are the bird hybrids. They are supposedly extinct, the last ones dying out with the dinosaurs many years ago, but still, nonetheless. Those hybrids were said to be able to have retractable wings,that come in and out of the back of the body, right below the shoulder blades, on command. The wings were said to be the colour of their intentions. Meaning, like... if they are meaning to do evil, when the wings are brought out, they will have a black tint to them. If doing good, it would be white. If angry, they would have a red tint, and green is envy--the base colours that signify each group of simple emotions. The Air-powers are unknown of, due to no one being able to pass on what powers they receive.

      "Next is the dog hyrids. These are the most common hybrids--though still... uncommon. They correspond with the water element. Zayn and Niall, well, they are an example of this. Zayn is a hydro-power.

      "Do you remember Niall?" Harry asked. Louis nodded.

      "Niall is a dog-hybrid."

Now things make sense. Louis thought. It wasn't that Niall was jealous of me touching Zayn; he was hissing at the fact that I was part cat!

       Louis made a sound of agreement in the back of his throat.

       "And then..." Harry started. "there's me; the fire power..."

        "Well... there's the cat hybrid."

        I felt Louis stiffen next to me. I stared at him in wonderment and curiosity as I continued. "The cat hybrids are the second rarest, next to the dragon. They are said to be not are rare and 'harder to find' then the others. Legends say, there's a twist when it comes to cat-hybrids, though. To obtain the power, you have to be in love with a cat-hybrid. It's said that you get the power of fire when you are near a cat-hybrid; aka, in the legends name, a pyro-power."

       It may have seemed cheesy, but s those words were said, Harry feel things click in his head.

    "You-You're a... a cat-hybrid?" It wasn't shock or disbelief that made him stutter, but wonderment.

    "Surprise?" Louis let out a small chuckles. Then a sullen look overtook his face.

    "What's wrong, Lou?" Harry spoke up.

    The boy's smile of acceptance, understanding and love turned into a subtle look of worry and dread. His eye brows upturned, something he only did when sad, and the pucker between his eye-brows returned, only deeper then before. The boy buried his face into the crook of Harry's grey v-neck tee shirt as he breathed in deeply.

    "You're..." Louis' voice was smothered and quiet. Harry could feel Louis' hot breath through the shirt as he spoke. "You're not going to give up on me because I'm a freak, right?"

       Harry's mouth made an o-shape, and he let a chuckle slip out of his mouth, small and made out of disbelief. "That's what you were worried about, babe? That I would leave you?"

    Louis didn't have the will to answer, quite obviously to Harry, but nodded his head a fraction.

    "Sweetheart, incase you haven't noticed," Harry unrapped his hand from around Louis back, and Louis let out a whimper, burying himself deeper into Harry's shirt. He braced himself for the rejection to come.

This is it, Louis thought. I knew this was a dream. I knew it was too good to be true.

    Harry, with the hand he had removed from around Louis' back, took his middle and pointer finger, and lifted Louis' head by the chin, forcing there eyes to met. When they met, he could tell me the slight relieve that Louis held in his orbs, that he saw the want and need the Cheshire lad had for the older boy. With that, he finished the sentence, "we're both far from normal. You make me complete. You make me happy.

"Ever sense you stole my first kiss when I was confused about my sexuality at 13, ever since you became my best friend, ever since you first came over to my house, ever since you confided in me when that thunderstorm came, I have loved you. You being part cat," Harry lifted his other hand up, and brushed his hand through Louis hair slowly, as if feeling for Louis' cat ears. Harry gave him a look, as if to say 'let me feel them', and soon, Harry could feel--and see--the black and grey spotted ears, soft and smooth upon his lover's head. A glowing smile lit his face as he finished his sentence, "will ever change that."

    A kiss was shared after Harry's words, as was something else. A small I love you came out of Louis mouth, as did a yawn. Harry's heart fluttered at the small three words.

    "As I love you, sweetheart." Harry leaned down and re-positioned Louis, so that the boy's head was in his lap. Louis' eyes closed and the blue orbs disappeared behind his eye lids, as another yawn came.

    "Go to sleep baby." Harry commanded softly. Louis nodded, barely, too tired to move, and to the sound of Harry singing Iris, Louis fell asleep.

    Harry fell soon after.

    New information was on both of the boy's minds, as was the great joy of letting secrets run free. Both boy's new there was more to be told, and it would be saved for another day. Right now, the two boys wanted nothing more then each other; that was all they needed as well.

(A:N; ;) 13 votes for the next chapter!? This chapter took me 2 hours to write (pathetic, I know!) Edit and everything else, too! Please vote, fan, comment? --Guys, please comment! Every comment makes me day! :) Comment your favourite part? ALSO, first comment to tell me one thing they liked, one thing they disliked, and something you'd like to see on the story, and I'll dedicate to next chapter to you! Must have everything listed! 13 votes, guys! 13 votes! <3)