Chapter 3

Dan's Pov
"Are you just going to stand there," I asked him.
I was getting annoyed because he wasn't answering me and just standing there like an idiot.
"I...u...um...I just yeah," he stuttered.
"You know what, I don't know why I even bothered asking you." I started to walk away from Phil... Until he grabbed my hand. I looked down at my hand connecting to Phil's hand. I felt butterflies in my stomach. It felt so right yet so wrong.
"Can you let go of my hand?" I asked him.
"Oh.. Yeah, I'm sorry," he said letting go of my hand. "So.. Why do you beat me up all the time?"
"Well..I don't want to do it. I mean-"
"ha you really except me to believe you," I interrupted him.
"I'm sorry. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, I know how it feels, but my friends make me beat you up... I just... I'm sorry," he said. I just stood there not really sure what to say...

Phil's Pov
He was about to walk away. I didn't want him to go, so I grabbed his hand. I didn't want to let go. It's like our hands were made for each other. Cliché I know. After he asked me to let go of his hand, I felt so empty and weird.
"Are you just going to stand there," he asked. I wasn't sure what to say.
"Oh.. yeah, I'm sorry,' was all I said.
"If you want my forgiveness then you have to stick up for me. I don't care what your friends make you do. You make it stop," Dan told me. "I-i can't do that Dan, I'm sorry. I would love to, but I have reasons why I can't," I replied truthfully. I have some secrets of my own that don't need to be revealed to anyone, I thought to myself. "Fine then Phil. I never actually hated you, but fuck you Phil."
Second time he said a bad word. He walked away. I really don't want to hurt him anymore, but that means he gets hurt or we both get hurt. Is it worth it?