[21]

SIXTEEN hours. That's exactly how long they were under the water. Stella was pacing around, stressing out at the fact that her cousin, her best friend, and the guy that changed her life was still unresponsive.

"I saw it. I know where it is." Scott gasped as he got out of the tub with the other two right behind him, making Stella jump first and wrap a towel around Scott.

"Thanks." Scott whispered as his teeth were chattering from the coldness, although he was a werewolf he couldn't help but shake a bit when the cold air hit his body that was soaking wet.

"We passed it. There's-- There's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though, very big." Stiles tells Deaton but couldn't hell but look over at his best friend and Stella, who was now walking over to her cousin, wrapping a towel around her.

"It was the night we were looking for the body." Scott explained to Stiles which made Stella look over at them with an eyebrow raised up.

"Wait, so you guys went looking for a body in your sophomore year? Wow, you guys are so wild." Stella rolled her eyes at them and smirked when Scott's cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

"Yeah, the same night you were bit by peter." Stiles replied to him, ignoring Stella.

"I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison tells them as Stella just kept looking in between the three.

"It was me. You almost hit me." Scott tells her and she looked shocked to hear that because she picked her head up from Stella's shoulder, when she was trying to warm herself up by her body heat.

"We can find it." Scott says confidently to his friends making Stella groan at what he just said.

"What?" Allison asked her cousin and the others on why they were looking like that at them.

Stella just looked frustrated while the other three looked like they were going to throw up. It alarmed the three teenagers who just sacrificed themselves for their parents.

"You guys were out a long time." Stella whispered softly as she was rubbing her forehead with her right hand, looking over at Deaton.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asked her but Deaton answered anyways.

"16 hours."

"We've been in the water for 16 hours?" Scott asked confusedly.

"And the full moon rises in less than four." Deaton says.

After telling them that there was such little time Scott automatically wanted to leave and go with Deucalion and his pack. But of course they wouldn't let him.

"No, dude, you are not going back with them." Stiles says angrily, placing his hand on top of his best friends shoulder.

"I made a deal with Deucalion." Scott mutters trying to avoid eye contact.

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles asked the others in the room.

"That's not exactly true. If you made a deal with Stella then that would mean you made a deal with the devil." Isaac spoke up and looked at Stella with a smile making her punch his shoulder. "Watch it, Stella!"

"Why does it matter, anyway?" Isaac asked him finally forgetting about his pain.

"Because I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help." Scott answered him.