[36]

THE silence between Scott and Stella soon ended when Stella decided to speak up

          THE silence between Scott and Stella soon ended when Stella decided to speak up. She wanted to open up to Scott more. She knew she could trust him.

"I'm afraid of the dark." Scott turned his head to the left and looked down to see her looking down at her fingers, fiddling around with them, "The only people who know about my fear if my uncle, Allison, and now you..."

"How come?" He asked her softly, not trying to come out as if he was pressuring her.

"I was scared of the dark ever since I was a kid, actually. My mother never checked under my bed or in my closet to make sure there wasn't any monsters at night who would want to eat me." Stella chuckled when she realized how stupid and ridiculous she sounded but kept on talking, "So, when I noticed a darkness inside of my mother when I was around eight years old. I promised myself to never become like her, to never let the darkness in like the way my mother did. What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to become something dark. Something like my mother."

"It actually kind of sounds stupid." Stella licked her lips after she spoke again when Scott just stared at her, not because he was confused or thought she was stupid, but because he realized how broken she really was.

She was scared of her own shadow. She was scared to become someone she isn't. Stella build a wall around her in order to keep others out just to keep them safe from her. Because she thought that if her mother had turned into someone so brutal and dark then she could become like her. And she didn't want that. She wanted to protect her loved ones.

"Stella, you are honestly one of the strongest people I have ever met in my life. You lost a lot at just at the age of six. It's okay to be afraid of something but I'm here for you to overcome that fear. Stiles, Lydia, Isaac, Allison, and a whole lot of other people care about you. Aiden cares about you. We're all here to help. I won't let you get consumed in darkness like your mother. I won't let that happen because I love you." Scott admitted that he loved her but not in the way that he had loved her cousin.

It was a different kind of love. A love that was more pure. A kind of love that could never be broken no matter what. Their love was different from others and that was completely okay. They shared a bond and they both found comfort in each other. Almost as if they were siblings.

"I love you." Stella shakily says back, not use to saying it to others besides her own family which was only two people.

Scott gave her a side smile and grabbed a hold of her hand, giving it a tight squeeze. He wasn't going to be letting anyone go near her to hurt her. Scott had found a new job as an alpha and that was to protect the youngest member of the pack, Stella. She was the one who needed saving the most but yet here she was trying to save everyone else. The only thing she wasn't able to do was save herself from her own darkness, her mothers darkness.

Derek soon sat in front of them, talking to them, waiting for the results of Stiles. He didn't want to tell them that Stiles might be getting possessed if he ended up having dementia instead.

"You know the stuff you were telling me about chemo signals earlier? It reminded me of the time you were teaching me to use anger to control the shift." Scott spoke up this time, his hands on top of his lap.

"I think you ended up teaching me more about that." Derek admitted, smiling up at him slightly.

"Are you teaching me again?"

"Think of it more like sharing a few trade secrets. You know, I took Cora back to South America, right? It's where she spent most of her time after the fire. But that's not the only reason I left. I needed to talk to my mother." Derek spoke up, causing the two teenagers to get confused at that comment of his.

"I'm sorry to say this but uh, isn't your  mother dead?" Stella asked out loud causing Derek to let out a small chuckle, she really didn't have a filter but she was learning how to help others and he knew that.

"She told me something that changed my perspective on a lot of things. She said that my family didn't just live in Beacon Hills. They protected it. This town needs someone to protect it. Someone like you."

"And someone like you to teach me a few trade secrets." Scott smiled back at him but that's when he stopped and stood up quickly.

"What?" Stella and Derek both asked at the same time, looking up at the kid who seemed to have a lightbulb on top of his head if they were cartoons.

"He was trying to protect us. Stiles was protecting us. From himself." Scott whispered looking down at Stella with a puzzled look.

Derek didn't want Stella to go on top of the roof with them because he thought that it could be dangerous for her, her being human. So, she made her stay inside the hospital. Which, Stella didn't like because she had nothing to do but wait for Stiles.

The lights started to flicker causing her to look up to see why it was doing that. There was no wind for the lights to do that unless it was caused to do so.

She sighed heavily when she started to walk towards a hallway. But, soon stopped when she saw Stiles standing there all dressed up.

"Stiles?" Stella called out his name causing him to turn around and smirk slightly, but tried to act as if he was actually Stiles.

The nogitsune liked to play games.

Stiles brain was filled with images of Stella's face. He immediately knew that the girl was special to the boy.

"Stella!" He smiled and walked over to her.

She furrowed her eyebrows down in confusion, "Aren't you suppose to be with yo-"

She shut her eyes tightly when Stiles had cupped her cheeks and shut her up by kissing her. She responded back to him, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Stiles kisses were usually soft and sweet, but this kiss was rough and urgent. Not that she minded, but it was different from what she was use to from kissing him.

"What was that for?" She mumbled against his lips, once they stopped kissing in order to breath.

If only she knew that the real Stiles was yelling for her to get away. To run away from him as fast as possible. But, he didn't have control over his own body anymore. All he was able to do was watch the girl he loved be fooled by a fox, a trickster.

"You're so beautiful, little dove." He whispered, caressing her cheek which made her furrow her eyebrows down in confusion.

"What'd you call me?"

"Beautiful." Stiles smirked and had managed to pick her up, her legs wrapped around his waist as he walked them out of the hospital.