Imagine #5: Scary Basement

"You go down first! It's dark!" You giggled at Brendon. As you pushed him towards the basement steps.

"Aw naw girlfrand.!" Brendon shouted back as he spun away from you. "Your basement is creepy as frick." He said as he ran into the other room and flopped face first onto the couch. You asked Brendon to come over to help you move some boxes up from your basement and he agreed, until he got there and saw that your basement was about twenty steps down and didn't have a proper lighting system. Basically your basement was the original creepy basement.

"C'mon, I'll walk down with you! I have a flashlight!" You said to Brendon as you pulled him by his arm off the couch. Brendon just let you drag him onto the floor and then he pulled you to the ground with him.

"Fine, but you have to hold my hand so the monsters won't get me." He said as you both started to stand up. You laughed and took a hold of Brendon's hand leading him to the top of the steps. You took the first step down and you felt Brendon squeeze you hand tighter.

"Bren, ow..." You said as you turned around and smiled at him.

"Oh, sorry, I'm just actually scared." He said seriously. You squeezed back and then he laughed lightly. Once it started to get really dark, you flicked on your flashlight and started to shine it around. You reached the bottom and started to search for the boxes you needed.

"Brendon, you need to let go for a second so I can carry this box upstairs..." You said as you tried to pulled your hand out of Brendon's.

"{Y/N}, no, I don't wanna be eaten by monsters down here. Don't let go please!" Brendon pleaded you just rolled your eyes and tried to think of a way that you could carry a bow with only one hand.

"Okay Brendon, just hold this flashlight." You hand as you passed the flashlight back to him. He willingly excepted it and gripped it even tighter than you hand, if that was even possible. "Brendon what are you so scared of, I know you don't believe in monsters for real Brendon, so fess up." You said as you came to the conclusion that you couldn't pick up the box without letting go of Brendon.

"No, I really am scared of scary monsters down here." Brendon said, his voice getting really high-pitched, letting you know that he was hiding something.

"The truth Brendon..." You said as you tried to make eye contact with him, which he was clearly avoiding. "Brendon, look at me and tell the truth." You said, squeezing on to his hand.

"I just- just- I..." Brendon used the hand with the flashlight to rub the back of his neck. "I just really wanted to hold your hand, and I'm afraid that if I let go of you, you'll get lost in the dark or something and I'll never see you again, not actually but do you kinda understand? I don't wanna lose you." Brendon said. You kinda did understand because the whole basement part was a metaphor to him, he didn't want you to ever let go of him to do something else in your life and since he has a hold of you now, he doesn't wanna let go of you. You smiled and blushed, even though he probably couldn't see you blushing.

"Bren, I'll always come back to you." You said as you swung your hands back and forth and Brendon smiled. "Now can you please let go just for a quick second while I get this box upstairs?" You said pleadingly. Brendon nodded and slowly let go of your hand then you grabbed the box and led Brendon up the stairs.

As soon as you set the box down at the top of the stairs, Brendon grabbed your hand again and you smiled. You simply pulled Brendon into the living room and sat down on the couch, you were going to grab the remote, but decided that you were just happy in the silence you shared. You leaned your head into Brendon's shoulder and he planted a kiss on your forehead.

~~~A/N~~~

Hey, that was like three updates at once but that's because I had the other two already written and just decided to publish them so yeah. Hope you enjoyed!! <3