Imagine #17: Broken Promise

You felt the air running through your hair and your lungs were almost numb but you didn't care because there was nothing that could ruin your mood right now. You left out another laugh and then it happened, your indescribable mood of happiness was ruined. You're not sure what's happening but you felt your chest tighten and your laugh was cut off in a way that made it sound like you were stabbed.

"Bren-" you stuttered out, knowing that your best friend Brendon couldn't hear you. You tired to run back but your lungs had stopped working and panic was overflowing your body in a way that it hasn't for years. Your face was so numb from the wind hitting it so hard, that you almost didn't noticed the tears streaming down your face until you started to taste them on your lips. You knees finally buckled and you dropped to the ground, making your vision spotted with black dots.

You heard the shouting of your friends that had no idea what was going on approaching you then you heard your name getting called, at first with ease and relief in their voices, then with extreme panic and terror in their voices. You waited as you heard your group of friends stampede to your side and then you felt as Brendon scooped you into his arms and stood up without hesitation because he is the only one that knows what to do.

Before Brendon even set you down again, your vision went black- but only for a second, kinda like a blink and then you were standing on your feet again and you were staring at Brendon carrying your limp body in his arms. You didn't want to witness any of what was going on so you just lied down on the grass and closed your eyes.

The next time you came to, you were in a hospital bed. The scent of the hospital always wanted to make you throw up, but instead of being greeted with an awful stench coming from all the cleansers they used, you could smell Brendon cologne right next to you, which peeked your interest and your eyes shot all the way open.

"Hey you..." Brendon smiled at you making you blush and return the smile. "What happened to the promise you made me?" Brendon choked out and you felt your bottom lip start to quiver.

"Brendon, I don't even know how it happened..." you said in a hoarse voice that sounded like an old man's. Brendon ignored your comment and instead just leaned over the bed, placed a kiss on your forehead and walked out of the room, leaving you alone with your tears of sadness.

It was a few hours later, that your other friend and Brendon's ex-band mate Ryan walked in. He didn't really say much other than Brendon was out in the waiting room bawling his eyes out and you felt a pang of guilt in your chest. Then Ryan left without saying another word. Just before Ryan shut the door to the room all the way shut you croaked out a request.

"Ry, please send in Brendon." Ryan just nodded solemnly and pulled the door shut. A few minutes later the door was pulled back open and Brendon's face appeared in the doorway.

"{Y/N} you know what I'm gonna ask..." Brendon said as he came over to the side of the bed and grabbed your hand, and instead of just holding your hand and looking you in the eyes, he rolled up your sleeves and saw the giant patch of gauze that hid away your new gashes. You heard Brendon start to crying quietly.

"I-" you paused to choke on a sob. "I don't even remember Bren, all I can remember is that feeling of hate for myself." you managed to say. You looked over at Brendon's teary eyes and he looked over into yours.

"Just please promise for real that you won't this time..." Brendon said as he gave your hand a tight squeeze.

"I promise Bren."

A/N:

I know that this is really short and crappy and that I didn't post a Halloween imagine but I've been so busy and it's getting hard for me to write cuz I've been depressed lately but thank you guys so much for 2K+ reads!! It means a lot to me so yeah thank you a lot for that!