Imagine #27: Perfect Fit

A/N:

Guess who's back?!?!?!?!? Yeah it's me. I decided to start trying to update this imagine book again since it's so popular and I hope I didn't lose too many people after going on a pretty long break but I promise I'll try my hardest to update this regularly? I can't promise anything but at least once a month >.< My goal is once every week or two so I hope you guys enjoy! It would also help if you left suggestions on my wall or in my DMs! Thanks and enjoy reading!

~Hayley

You wake up to the sound of your alarm and you can't help but hit snooze yet again. That is until you heard the honking of a car horn from outside you window. You bolt out of bed and throw on the nearest pair of jeans and t-shirt then grab your book bag and slip on some black, high-top Converse on your way out the door where you see your friend Brendon waiting for you in his car.

You met Brendon when you first moved over into the neighborhood. He was a year older than you so while you were still a junior, he had senior privileges. You opened up the passenger seat door and threw yourself inside, then looked over and saw the expression on Brendon's face.

"I should just drive over hear when your alarm goes off so that you actually get out of bed on time," he said, rolling his eyes and backing out of your driveway. You looked down at your phone to see five text messages and a missed call from Brendon, maybe that last alarm wasn't really an alarm... oops.

"I'm sorry, I've been having trouble falling asleep and it's really messing up my schedule," you said as Brendon started heading towards your school.

"Did you tell your lady about it?" Brendon would only call your therapist your 'lady' since he never really bothered in remembering her real name.

"Well... no, I don't know if she would be able to help though," you said back.

"That's a lie because you told me yourself that she knows how to fix everything wrong with you," Brendon said as he pulled up to an intersection and started looking for any other vehicles.

"I said she can fix all my mental problems, not everything," you replied with a bit of tone in your voice.

"Well what's keeping you up?" Brendon asked as his eyes remained on the road. He was always good at that, you and him have had many deep conversations in his car and he never once took his eyes off the road.

"I don't know, I've been thinking a lot-"

"Boom, there's the problem, too much thinking. Something's on your mind that you can't get off of your mind. Just tell your lady about it, she will fix it," Brendon said as he started pulling into the senior parking lot which was closest to the entrance of the school behind the teachers.

"Yeah I guess so... alright," you sighed as you got out of Brendon's car. You started walking towards the entrance of the building together and he slung his arm around your shoulder and pulled you closer to him, taking you by surprise.

"Listen {Y/N}, one day, all of this is going to be in your past and you'll have your life together and be happy and think: 'Hey, remember that one time when I was really stupid in high school and I overthought everything?' and then you'll be like: 'But I'm fine now because that one Brendon Urie kid taught me everything I know and he was super awesome.'" Brendon turned to you, probably expecting a laugh or friendly punch in the shoulder but he became increasingly concerned when he saw tears streaming down your face.

"You're just like everyone else, you think I'm just being stupid and that I'm overthinking things... the thing I'm staying up all night thinking about is you Brendon, you're confusing me and I don't know what to do anymore. Why did I think that finally someone understood?" You rushed into the building by yourself and stopped in the bathroom before heading to first period. Luckily you didn't have any time this morning to apply makeup so it wasn't smeared all over your face by the tears.

You were able to collect yourself pretty quickly and get to class on time so that no one was suspicious. You sat down without making eye contact with anyone just like always and then you took out a small journal that you carried around with you to scrawl down random thoughts or doodles and began to sketch a bit. You heard your phone buzz from your bag but didn't bother to check it because it was probably Brendon and you just didn't feel like dealing with his apologies and facing the fact that you just said he keeps you up at night.

The rest of the day went by and you still hadn't checked the text from Brendon but then you realized that you were going to have to deal with him when you needed a ride home after school ended but you just decided to let it happen and keep the talking to a minimal if you can.

~~After School~~

You walked as slowly as possible to Brendon's car so that you wouldn't have to wait for him to get there and unlock his car for you. You got in the car quickly and didn't say anything to Brendon once you were settled in and he didn't say anything to you so you just sat there in silence for a bit.

"{Y/N}..." Brendon started but never formed a real sentence. He started the car and then pulled out of the senior parking lot and started heading to your neighborhood. Before you got to the turn on to your street, Brendon started driving in the other direction. You still didn't want to have to talk to him yet so you just let him keep driving.

Eventually you stopped at a familiar location, it was the elementary school playground. The same one where you and Brendon played when you were in grade school and barely knew each other. You looked at Brendon who was already staring at you and you couldn't help but give a little smile, though you tried hard to suppress it.

"You know, you're not the only one staying up at night and thinking about us..." Brendon said while turning and looking at the playground. "{Y/N}, I couldn't even begin to describe how much you confuse me sometimes but I think that's what I like so much about you, always changing, never really certain." Brendon pushed a bit of hair out of your face and placed a light kiss on your lips. You blushed and then without either of you saying anything, you both got out and walked over to the swing set where you each took and swing and stared at the sky.

You felt something brush against your hand and looked down to see Brendon's hand near yours so you grabbed it and your fingers laced together. A perfect fit.