Imagine #22: Therapy

You entered your therapy office just like every Tuesday and plopped down on the same empty sofa in the same spot.

"Nice to see you again {Y/N}" the receptionist said to you like she does every Tuesday. "Mr. Urie is actually running over with a new patient but he should be done any moment now, okay?" she added with a smile.

"Okay, no prob," you respond as you pull out your phone and started to scroll through your list of fanfictions that you like to read in your spare time or when you don't feel like paying attention to what's actually going on. You scrolled for a while then decided on a Alex Gaskarth story. You read for a while before you got startled out of your daydream.

"Ms. {Y/N}," you heard the familiar voice call you from the door way and turned around quickly "you can come join me now." You smiled and jumped off the couch. You saw Brendon, your therapist smile back at you and guided you to the same room you went into every Tuesday. You skipped around the room and then plopped down on the couch in the middle of the room as Brendon took a seat at his desk and laughed at you.

"You seem to be feeling better, any reasoning behind this?" Brendon laughed as you moved your feet back and forth and hummed a made up tune to yourself.

"I don't know Mister-" you cut yourself off as you got a glance from Brendon and remembered what he said about using mister around him. "I don't know Brendon, I just woke up this morning and the weight wasn't there, like the chains that have been weighting me down for the past five years finally broke." Brendon was obviously scribbling every word you said onto his notepad and you started to feel self-conscious. You never liked when Brendon wrote down what you said because it meant he was trying to figure you out and you didn't like that. You didn't like feeling like a puzzle that every doctor was trying to put together but placing and taking away pieces of your life. You stopped talking and started to play with your thumbs instead.

"{Y/N}? Would you be more comfortable if I stopped writing?" Brendon said as he gazed up from his notebook and looked at your scared face. You nodded a small little nod and Brendon threw is notepad and pen on to his desk in front him. "Alright then, shoot kid," Brendon said as he leaned back a bit more in his chair and then you remembered that you were happy again.

"I can't explain it Bren, I just woke up this morning and I felt new, like the wrapping paper was just peeled off of me," you leaded forward and started engaging your hands in the conversation, moving them around with feeling and emotion.

"{Y/N}, you're talking with your hands..." Brendon was dumbfounded at how well you picked up with body language again. You smiled and then giggled and then you felt a tear form in the corner of your eye, you could tell that Brendon was trying to hold back his so you did the same and kept on talking.

"I don't know how this happened, Brendon look at me!" you almost shouted as you stood up and moved your arms around as you spoke.

"{Y/N}, this is great, this is absolutely amazing!" Brendon shouted back as he stood up from his desk and walked over to you, grabbing your arms and squeezing them with excitement. Both of you stopped for a millisecond and looked into each others eyes.

"Brendon..." you said in a whisper. He stared into your eyes for a couple of seconds and then started to pull you closer by your arms. You leaned in and that's when you felt the connection... Brendon's hand smacking you right across the face. Your immediate reaction is to grab where he hit you and you started to tear up quickly. You stayed silent though, as if your voice had just left your body.

You curled up onto the floor and started to sob and that's when you started to hear loud footsteps. It was Brendon and he pulled you up by the arm and you started to sob, trying to get louder but you heard only a whisper. He ripped your arms away from your face and smacked you again on the other side. You started screaming and finally your voice started to come back. You were curled up on the floor again until Brendon ran over and picked you up once more.

"Please, please, please stop, stop you're hurting me!" you cried over and over again, but Brendon only pulled you over to a wall and slammed you against it. "Why Brendon? Why? What did I do wrong?" you screamed but he only slammed you again and let you fall to the floor and after you tried to curl up again he kicked you hard in the stomach. You bawled and screamed in pain, then your breathing slowed and your eyes fluttered open.

You sat straight up and screamed. Immediately your mother came in followed by none other than Brendon. You jumped out of your bed and slumped down on the wall opposite of your door, trying to get as far away from Brendon as possible.

"{Y/N}! It's okay, Dr. Urie is here now!" you mother screamed over you, but you only shook your head and held our your hand in defense. Your mother backed away and Brendon started to walk closer slowly.

"No!" you screamed, kicking your legs and then tried to curl up as tight as possible again. You started to slow your breathing as your mom slowly approached.

"Sweetie, it's Dr. Urie, your therapist remember?" your mom said as she sat down next to you and slowly wrapped her arms around you.

"Bad dream again {Y/N}?" you heard Brendon's voice from across the room speak softly. You looked up at him, shocked that he knew exactly what had just happened, and you nodded. "It was about me wasn't it?" Again you nodded and Brendon took slow, small steps towards you until he was right in front of you and he crouched down. You felt tears start to stream down your face and Brendon reached out and wiped them away for you. You felt safe again and reached for him with your arms wide open and then he brought you in for a soft embrace. You buried your face in his shoulder and sobbed loudly. You pulled yourself closer to Brendon and he scooped you up in his arms then carried you over to your bed, where you both sat.

"May I be alone with {Y/N} for a few moments?" you heard Brendon ask your mother quietly, she whispered back and response and then closed the door softly as she left.

"I'm so sorry Bren, I just-" you started blubbering through your sobs but Brendon cut you off and placed his finger lightly on your lips. You calmed down and took a deep breath and after you took a few, Brendon removed his finger.

"So what exactly happened?" Brendon asked cautiously, not wanting to trigger your emotions again. You started to slowly explain everything how you were doing well and celebrating together and then you remembered that you were trying to kiss him when he went in for the first slap. You knew you couldn't lie to Brendon so you just said it and got it over with, leaving Brendon slightly shocked.

By the end of your story, Brendon had tears streaming down his face as well and he just looked you in the eyes. You saw the amount of hurt behind his eyes, now that he knows that you think he would ever do something like that to you.

"{Y/N}... I'm so sorry, I just-" and then you cut him off the same way he did earlier by placing your finger lightly over his lips. You both laughed lightly and then he breathed and you moved your finger away. You stared into Brendon's eyes again and he stared into yours. Brendon slowly inched his hand over so that it was now covering yours and you started to lean in again, hoping for better results. Brendon closed his eyes and you both met each other in the middle with a soft and delicate kiss, and even though it wasn't much, it was making fireworks go off in your heart and you started shaking with excitement.

"{Y/N} what's wrong?" Brendon said in a worried tone as he pushed you back to observe your body language. You giggled and Brendon relaxed a bit.

"That just made me so happy Bren," you said as you squeezed his hand that was next to you and he smiled back lovingly at you.

A/N:

Okay, I'm sorry it's been so long but I couldn't believe I was still getting 30+ notifications every day so I just wanna give all of you a huge thank you for all the support of this book and I read every single comment. Let me just say y'all are hilarious and I would probably be your best friend irl so thanks so much and enjoy!