Imagine #30: About Last Night

You squeezed your arms tighter around the stuffed animal you fell sleep with last night. You heard a laugh and the stuffed animal was buzzing. That's not normal. You shot up into a sitting position and with wide eyes stared down at the man you had just hugged.

"Good morning sleepy head, you really love to cuddle don't you?" This is normally the point where the events of last night would rush into your head and you would know who this guy was but they didn't.

"I- Who... umm hold on, where... I'm sorry but who are you and what happened last night?" You managed to finally blurt out.

"Well after hitting your head so hard I'm not surprised you have no recollection of last night," the guy next to you laughed. "First of all, we didn't have sex and I know that's probably what you're most worried about." You let out a sign of relief and the guy chuckled.

"Sorry but I just didn't want to have to worry about something like that this early in the morning," you added after your sigh.

"I figured. I'm Brendon by the way, Brendon Urie..." Brendon extended his hand out to you and you shook it and THAT'S when the gears started to turn in your head.

"Oh my god you're the lead singer from the concert last night... how the hell did I get you into my apartment?" You rubbed your head and felt a huge welt on the back which you figured was the injury Brendon had referred to. 

"Yep, that's me I guess." Brendon chuckled and rubbed the back of his head as well. "And for as to how we ended up here, well it's a long story..."

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

"{Y/N} I promise you'll have fun, please please please drive me to this concert!" your friend Lily begged you. "I'll pay for everything, parking, your ticket, I just need a ride there," she added on. You wanted to resist because you had planned to finally ask your crush from work out on a date but then figured maybe this was a sign that you shouldn't.

"Fine," you scoffed. Lily wrapped her arms around you and started jumping up and down.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she squealed. You both laughed and then Lily said her goodbye and went home to buy the tickets.

A few days later you were sitting outside a huge venue waiting to get in line for a band you had only previously listened to on the car ride there.

After about two hours of waiting you and Lily rushed inside the venue to get as close to the stage as possible. Lily was dragging you by the hand and eventually you made it to the barricade. You felt bad for squeezing past all the other people but the feeling of regret left as soon as the band came out on stage. The lead singer was full of energy and Lily wouldn't stop gushing about the huge crush she had on him. You laughed at her excitement and right when you looked back up to the stage, you could've swore that the guy winked at you. Then you were positive that he winked at you when Lily smacked you on the shoulder and started complaining about how you were stealing her man. You laughed it off and enjoyed the rest of the performance.

After the show ended, you and Lily made your way across the street to one of the local bars and had a few drinks. You surely thought that it was just the drinks getting to you but the whole band was actually sitting at the other end of the bar, and... they were looking at you. The lead singer got up from his seat and started making his way over to you.

"Lily, please don't freak out," you whispered quickly before you turned to greet him.

"Hey there," you said, flirtatiously extending your hand.

"Oh, um hi..." the singer shook you hand and then took a few steps away from you. It hadn't occurred to your drunken brain that you were sitting right in front of the barman and the guy wasn't really here to see you.  You laughed nervously and tried to brush off the embarrassing moment. As you watched the singer rejoin the rest of the band, you realized that Lily's crush was contagious and now you were drooling over this handsome stranger as well.

Fast forward to about three drinks later...

"Lily! I'm gonna ask that guy out!" you yelled over the loud music. Lily only responded with laughter, probably figuring that there was no way you would have the guts to ask any guy out, let alone the lead singer of a band.

You caught his eye from across the room and smiled, he awkwardly smiled back and then quickly looked away so that he didn't have to make anymore eye contact. Leave it to your drunken brain to again, forget the social cues and continue with the plan to ask him out anyways.

Lily saw you walking towards the band and realized what you were about to do. She quickly rushed over to you and pulled you back by the arm.

"{Y/N}, why don't we just call a taxi or something and get home?" Lily asked as she aggressively tugged on your arm.

"Because that guy is cute," you pointed over to the singer, "and I would really like to actually put myself out there for once." You noticed that there were more eyes on you than just Lily's and then realized there wasn't any music playing and that you had yelled out that sentence in front of the entire bar.

"Please, let's just go home..." Lily whispered and you continued to stare around the room and make awkward eye contact with everyone. Lily pulled on your arm again and this time you pulled back, hard. You pulled your arm back so hard that you knocked yourself flat on your back and an intense shooting pain rushed to the back of your head.

~~~END FLASHBACK~~~

"You still didn't explain how we ended up here and why you're in my bed," you added.

"Well I mean I thought it was kind of obvious... You said I was cute, I think you're cute so I made sure your friend got home safely and then brought you here and I didn't want you to be lonely, so I stayed." Brendon blushed.

"Well thank you, a lot," you responded. You fiddled with your thumbs and then looked up and Brendon who was already looking into your eyes. Before either of you could get another word out, Brendon pushed your chin up and gently kissed you.

"The pleasure was really all mine."

A/N:

So yes, it has been a very long time since I've updated and I always say I'm going to keep a schedule and I never do and I'm very sorry. Anyways, I hope to post more and thanks to all of you who continue to read!