Come What May (Te Amare)

Writing this as a distraction for exam results, hope my nerves make it up to standard.

----------------------

September moved into October in a flurry of dates, heated nights and a surprisingly small amount of busking for Avi. Since the whole relationship ordeal, he had been earning money left right and centre from all the attention his website was getting, he was even called to do a special performance with some of his old opera major friends (most of whom had already started successful careers in Opera) at a charity gala. He agreed to it in a heartbeat, dying to get back on the stage and show the world that he was more than just a one trick pony. May be that would stop the haters? 

Getting social media had spilt Kirstie's fans in to two sides. There was a large group of them who had either supported the two of them from the beginning or had been converted by seeing he was a normal guy from his tweets, and the support Scott, Kirstie, and Mitch gave him; they were all very nice and encouraging. For that group, the couple were seen as 'cute', 'adorable' and 'meant for each other' and they would become excited at every post the two made together. However, there was a very small but vocal group on the opposite side who had reacted badly to him putting himself out there.

'Avi is only in it for the money', 'Kirstie's new boyfriend looks like a tool, no wonder she is too scared to leave that relationship' and '#Pray4Kirstie' were just some of the tweets he found on a daily basis. It irked him, and they hurt deeply. He knew what he was getting into when he had told her he loved her on the rooftop just a few weeks previously, but that did not prepare him for how hurtful the comments would be. They were starting to get to him - he knew it, she knew it. Avi had no idea how Kirstie had handled being subjected to that for so long but it only made him respect her more, she was the strongest person he knew.

"Stop reading them." Kevin reminded him and Avi quickly pull down his phone, embarrassed that his best friend had caught him once more. "You need to stop searching for them, you are just making things worse by reading them Avi."

"Yeah I know, it's just hard not to seek them out when you know they are there." He sighed reluctantly and continue to destroy the plate of bacon and eggs he had in front of him. 

Avi had called Kevin for an Annie's breakfast just like old times in celebration of Kevin's birthday, he was happy to be finally spending some quality time with his best friend and hoped that seeing Kevin and hearing his hyena laugh would pick him up a little. The comments had really been getting him down recently. It was like he was backed into a corner while people poked sticks at him constantly and he wasn't able to do anything about it.

Kevin wafted his fork through the air and spoke through a mouth full of eggs. "She seem's worth it though."

"She really is." Avi said slowly, nodding his head on every word. It was true, Kirstie was totally worth all the shit he was going through. It was hard hearing what people had to say about him but he struggled through it for her, to see her smile when he met her on the train every night just like tradition, to watch her adorably laugh at Mitch's jokes. She was worth every single negative word.

The cellist grinned when he was his partner in crime was lost in thought with a slight smile on his face. "Sooo when will I be meeting the girl who stole you away from me?" He teased and watched as Avi began to blush.

Avi purposely hesitated as he spoke, knowing what Kevin's reaction would be. "She'll be at the gala tonight." 

Kirstie was ecstatic when she found out he'd been asked to perform with his old group, she had begged to be his date so that she could get to see him sing classically for the first time. Avi knew that she could have probably gotten an invite anyway just for being her but he took it as a compliment that she wanted to go there with him and not as two separate guests. Mitch had even taken him out shopping for a tux which he had paid for despite Avi's protests - he would pay him back at some point and wouldn't rest until he did, it had been expensive.