Do Not Let Me Go

I'm glad y'all like the last chapter, hopefully this one will be up to the standard of the last one! S/O to everyone starting school again today! I've got another month to go myself but I feel sorry for y'all, early mornings are killers!

------------------

"I love you." He muttered through sniffles into her shoulder.

Kirstie responded by squeezing him closer. "Oh Avi ... I love you too."

He pulled away to look at her, his eyes already beginning to be puffy and red but a smile was starting to form on his face. It was the first genuine smile she had seen from him in days. "We're a mess." He chuckled slightly.

She chuckled herself out of joy of seeing him look actually happy again. "Yeah well love is messy."

Avi moved his arms from around her to cup her face. His eyes bore into her, trying to express with just a look all the bound up emotions he had. "I really love you."

"I really love you." She replied cooly under his gaze, tightening her arms around his waist. Just weeks ago having him look at her like that would make her blush over how overwhelmed she felt but since she had grow closer to him, his looks had become easier and easier to decipher. It was quickly becoming her second language.

"I'm sorry, I was an ass." He began to play with her hair until all the stray pieces were safely tucked behind her ears.

"I think I can find it in my heart to forgive you." She smirked up at him. She was grateful for his apology, she knew she deserved it but she knew that dwelling on his behaviour this week would just push him away again. Her pleading with him to talk about feelings was one of the reasons there were in this mess after all.

"I'm going to try and get out of this, you know. For you." He leaned in to kiss a tear off of her cheek, pulling back slightly only to move in again and kiss her nose causing it to crinkle.

"I'll be with you every step of the way." Kirstie pulled away to get a good look at him. The tears from her own eyes had already begun to dry, she had cried so much that week that she did't have any left, whereas he had a steady stream of tears that crept out of his eyes every few seconds.

"I suppose now would be a good time to tell you." He mumbled and squeezed his eyes shut, letting the tears that were storing there fallout.

"...Tell me what?" She stammered, thinking the worse. She had literally just got him to let her in again and now she was certain he was getting ready to dump her right there and then.

He kept his eyes shut as she stared at him, waiting for the dreaded answer she was expecting. "I booked a flight to go home... It was an impulse buy, I need to clear my head." He muttered in one breath, wanting to get his secret out on the open as quickly as possible.

She had no idea how she managed to keep it together but she somehow got her next question out without breaking down. "Right... how long will you be gone?"

"I don't know - I haven't bought a return yet." His arms dropped to her shoulders as he sighed. 

She thought her tears had ran out but the sudden serge that had appeared on her cheeks suggested otherwise. "Oh... so is this, like, over?" She began to sob knowing that the worst had come. All her nightmares and things she swore would never happen occurred all at once and she couldn't believe how hopeful she had been. She had been stupid to think he'd stay with her, especially after he saw the mean comments mentioned about his family. He was leaving her, they were over. The relationship they shared had been crumbled in a matter of seconds.