Matt Shadows Ch 5

"Ali it is." Matt said grinning and running his arm around my shoulders. My stomach did a little flip flop at his closeness. 

"Matt?" Matt's grin faded and he glared over my shoulder, letting me go. 

"What the hell do you want Val?" Matt asked through clenched teeth. She walked between us and hugged him. 

"It's been so long. Can't you forgive me? I just want to talk, I miss you so much..baby." I had no claim to Matt, I didn't even like him... much, but for some reason I wanted to rip every blond hair from her head.

"You know the answer to that." Matt said harshly. Well obviously something had happened between these two and she was trying to make-up. He shoved her away gently but firmly.

"No I don't. If you ever loved me you'd forgive one weak moment." She said weeping into her hands. I'd heard things like that from Mark all the time... and they never meant a damn thing. I looked at the guys and they were all glaring at Val like she ate small, furry animals. 

"Move on Val, I have." I looked up curiously at Matt to see him walking towards me grinning. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me before I could protest... not that I would have.

"Agh! Your a bastard!" Val yelled digging her nails into Matt's arm. 

"Back off b*tch." I said pulling her hand off Matt's arm and pushing her away. I wrapped my arms around Matt's neck kissing him again. I knew this was just a show for Val but it didn't stop my heart from racing and shivers from running through me.

"You don't deserve me!" Val screeched beside us. I kept my lips plastered to Matt's.

"Your right about one thing, Matt definitely doesn't deserve you!" Jimmy said laughing at her.

"Get lost Val." Zacky said somewhere in the distance, it was becoming incredibly hard to focus with Matt kissing me like this. I had never felt like this, not even with Mark, I never wanted it to end but it would soon, so I took full advantage of the opportunity. 

"Fine but don't come crawling back when she isn't enough for you!" I knew she had walked away, and it was almost a physical pain to pull away from Matt. I was immediately aware of the coldness on my lips where his had been. I touched them softly looking away from him. 

"I'm sorry Brittany."  Matt said touching my shoulder.

He kisses me like that just to piss off and ex and all he says is I'm sorry Brittany? "No problem." I said calmly, I was surprised my voice wasn't wobbly.

"Brittany do you want to dance?" Zacky asked grabbing my hand, I nodded and let him lead me away from the group and into the crowd of people.. 

He wrapped his arms around me even though the music was loud and wasn't meant for slow dancing. "That hurt, huh?"

"I don't know what you mean." I said looking back at Matt through the crush of people. He was frowning into the water, tossing shells.