Matt Shadows Ch 13

"Britt? Do you want me to take you home?" Matt asked softy. 

I yawned loudly rubbing my eyes then I shook my head frantically. "No. I'm having to much fun." I said hugging his shoulder. Since Gwen came back, the last three weeks have been a blur.. I worked double shifts making up lost time and Matt spent everyday at the studio until late so we rarely saw each other for more than a few hours, but most nights he'd stay over..

"You keep falling asleep." He said grinning down at me. 

"I'm sorry please don't take me home yet." I pleaded kissing him..

"Alright.."  I grabbed his hand as be pulled me up from the bench. "Let's go look at the stands." I followed his lead through the street where several merchants had setup stands. The live band playing changed songs again as Matt tugged me through the crowd of families. They were crowding around the clown blowing up balloon animals. The kids started screaming when a puppy balloon popped but the clown quickly made another. 

"Matt can you get me one?" I asked looking at the rack filled with freshly spun cotton candy. 

"Yes." I grinned as he walked up and bought one. He handed it to me grinning. "This is going to sound cheesy but I have to say it.. Now give me some sugar." I laughed and kissed him forgetting for a second the crowd crushing around us..

"Get a room!" Syn yelled beside making my jump and bite Matt's lips.

"I'm so sorry." I said touching his mouth. 

"Why.. I liked it." He said grinning and wrapping his arms around me. "And Syn's idea wasn't a bad one." I laughed kissing him softly. 

"You guys are so cute together!" Gwen said hugging Syn's arm. 

"Cute? Ha!.." Gwen punched his arm softly. "Come here babe." Syn said kissing her. "Let's get out of here.." He wiggled his eyebrows at Gwen and I felt a little guilty.. they couldn't be alone with me living in their house.. If my double shifts paid off I'd have a place of my own in a couple weeks.. Gwen nodded then winked at me as they left us. 

"What's wrong?" Matt asked as we shared the cotton candy. 

I sighed. "It's nothing.."

"Please tell me what's bothering you." 

"I'm staying with them and they can't have any alone time. I mean your guys work all day and he has to come home and I'm there. I just want them to have time to themselves before the baby's born.." 

"Look if they didn't want you there they would have told you but I'm glad you brought it up because I was hoping you'd come live with me... I want to come home to you." I froze staring at him.. he wanted me to move in with him?..

"Matt.." I didn't know what to say.. "I would love to but are you sure?" My chest tightened when he nodded grinning at me.

"I've wanted to ask you since the day we made brownies.." 

"Oh.." I hugged him as he kissed me. We made our way to another booth as he held my hand firmly. It was filled with silver, gold, and costume jewelry. 

"See anything you want beautiful?" Matt asked wrapping his hands around my waist. 

I turned to him frowning, then looking him over. "How about this?" I asked running my hand down his chest. 

"I don't know it's gonna cost you." I bit my lip as he smiled at me.. I loved his smile.. I loved him..

"Hmm I guess we'll just have to work something out." He laughed pulling me toward him. This was a family event so I shoved against him, he backed away pouting. "Matt this is a family street fair so unless you want me to make a scene you better quit kissing me." I said grinning.