Matt Shadows Ch 9

"Your really going to eat that? That's so gross!" I said watching Zacky half curious and half disgusted, eating a chip that had touched the floor.

"Not if you eat it." He said grinning, offering it to me, I pushed it away.

"It's all yours." I said shaking my head. He laughed tossing the chip into his mouth.

"Not so bad." He said shrugging.

"I'm glad I don't have to kiss that mouth." I said eating a fresh chip from the bag.

"Yet to make that comment you were thinking about it." He said wiggling his eyebrows. I blushed, choking on the chip. I coughed before downing half a glass of lemonade. "I'm kidding, I know we're just friends, and I'm good with that." 

"Zacky, I would hug you if it wouldn't send the wrong message." I said grinning.

"I have that effect on all women." 

"Stop it, I have to go answer the door." I said laughing and shoving his shoulder. I took a quick peek out the hole, Matt was pacing across the porch. "Hey Matt." I said opening the door.

"Hey Britt, is Zacky up yet?" He asked grinning, I loved it when he grinned, I wanted so bad to reach out and touch his cheek but decided against it. 

"Yeah, he just ate a chip off the floor." I said shaking my head. He laughed as I motioned him in the door. 

"Hey Zacky, what's going on?" Matt asked patting him on the back before sitting at the table.

"Britt was trying to kiss me." He said grinning. I froze staring at Matt as his back tensed. If there was ever going to be a chance for us, Zacky may have just blown that chance to hell.

I had to play this off before Matt got the wrong idea... I punched Zacky's shoulder shaking my head. "In your dreams."

"Really? I heard you were eating off the floor." Matt said laughing stiffly.

"That's the only thing that would keep her off of me." Zacky said grinning.

"Then your an idiot." Matt said relaxing, he must have realized Zacky was playing. I blushed at Matt's compliment.

"Want a chip?"  I smiled at him offering him the bag.

"If I promise not to drop this on the floor, do I get a kiss?" He was grinning but he seemed serious... 

Before I could think I said, "Yes." He tossed the chip into his mouth crunching it quickly then reached for me. I didn't back away as his hands held my face. Our lips met making me forget everything but the two of us... I wasn't ready when he pulled away from me, grinning at me. I touched my lips before realizing Zacky was still sitting next to us.

I blushed when Zacky grinned knowingly at me. "I have to go make a phone call." He said standing quickly.