Matt Shadows Ch 7

After we ate the breakfast Matt brought, and I cleaned up the mess, I went to my room to change while the guys watched some tv. I looked through my closet deciding on my favorite ripped jeans and a black graphic shirt. 

I put on a little make up before heading into the living room. "You guys want a beer?" I asked from the doorway.

"Sure." Zacky said grinning at me.

"I'll have one too." Jimmy said nodding.

"I'll help you." Matt said standing. We made our way to the kitchen in silence, we hadn't really talked about last night at the bonfire... "Listen about last night.."

"Forget about it. It was an impulsive decision that did the trick, now Val will leave you alone." I said walking to the fridge.

"I didn't kiss you to piss Val off, I kissed you because I wanted to. I lied to you last night. I never used you, I used Val to kiss you and I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"Matt look, your a great guy but-" Was he telling the truth? He had wanted to kiss... me?

"But what?"

"I'm just not ready to do This right now." 

"What is This?" 

"Look, I just can't make the same mistakes again." 

"What mistakes."

"Never mind, let's just forget this." I said pleading with him. I didn't want him to know about Mark... I couldn't take his pity.

"No, tell me what mistakes you made." He said touching my cheek softly.

"I can't." I whispered trying not to cry. 

"You mean Mark, don't you?" I felt my chest tighten when he said his name... Matt knew, I just couldn't take that.

 I felt the tears slip from my closed eyes. "Yes." I whispered.

"I know he hurt you, your bruises the day we met... he did that to you..." I nodded unable to form the words. "I would never hurt you like that... I would never hit you... I would never bruise you.'' He said wrapping his arms around me. 

"Matt..."

"I know your not ready but I will be here when you are." He said kissing my forehead and letting me go. 

"Thank you." I said smiling up at him. The phone rang and I answered it. "Hello." Matt tickled my sides and I couldn't help but giggle...

____________

Gwen's POV

I sat on the hotel bed waiting for Syn to get out of the shower, tonight he was taking me out to dinner. I picked up the phone, I hadn't thought about calling Brittany since we arrived. I felt a little guilty, I knew it must be hard for her to be there alone... but I couldn't regret loving Syn...

"Hello?" Brittany answered the phone then giggled.

"Hey Brittany it's me." I said frowning. 

"Hey Gwen, how's the honeymoon going?" She asked sounding excited and breathless.

"Great, tonight Syn's taking me out to dinner." I said remembering Syn in the shower just ten feet away. It was hard to focus for a few seconds. "What?"

She giggled again then whispered, stop it. "I said, cool how's the beach there?"

I blushed."Oh I-I haven't actually been to see the beach yet."

"Why not...oh." 

I coughed before changing the subject. "I was calling to check in, I thought you'd be lonely."