Prologue

Finding Life

Part 1 • Prologue

"She...will love you and that love will last forever. And your forever will be a long, long time."

-Audrianne Van Buero,
Queen of Hell

••••••••••

"Sebastian," Audrianne, the Queen of Hell, says after I appear in front of her.

I reply, "Call me Death now."

She raises an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Ah, so you haven't heard," I say. "Well, then, let me explain. The master of the universe has made me immortal. I am now Death, the master of the AfterLife, and the man who guides the deceased to the AfterLife, evaluates their lives and gives them their punishment."

"Then what happens to my sisters, Queen Arianna and Queen Sapphire?" Audrianne asks.

"They still reign their designated spots. Arianna shall still rule the White Side and Sapphire will still rule the Dark Side. However, as I am the master of the AfterLife, anything they do must be approved by me," I respond to her, knowing that Audrianne wants the best for her sisters.

"That is a relief," she sighs, "Do you reside in the AfterLife now?"

"Yes," I say, "I live in my palace, which is in the very abyss of the AfterLife, with my servants and Thanatos, of course."

Audrianne looks at me with saddened eyes, and I fear that I have brung up a bad topic. Perhaps Thanatos and Audrianne had a miserable past together. Knowing not to ask about it, I change the topic.

"The master of the universe has given me a major task. I must find myself a wife. The one I choose to marry will become Life," I say.

"You can call him God, you know," Audrianne says, rolling her eyes. "Maybe a wife will be good for you. You'll have somebody to spend eternity with it."

Again, Audrianne stares at me with sad eyes. Will everything I say only cause her sadness?

"You think so?" I ask.

"I know, for sure. Life, whomever she is, will love you and that love will last forever. And your forever will be a long, long time," she says.

"How do you know?" I ask.

I assumed she just said that to make me want to find Life. I did want to find her, more than anything. I don't want to spend the rest of eternity alone.

"I'm married too, if you didn't know. His name is Auberran. He and I had a daughter together, Princess Juliet. They were both soon kidnapped, when Juliet was 5. It's been 10 years and we have given up on searching for them. The kidnappers stopped communicating and E.A.O said it was a dead case. They're gone, but my love for Auberran and my first child will live on," Audrianne says.

I feel like I'm about to tear up, but my pride makes me swallow it back. I can't break down in front of Queen Audrianne, the most confident person known to all of man kind. It's a sign of weakness.

Audrianne then looks at me with a puzzled expression, then of awe.

"Death," she says, "You're glowing."

Sure enough, when I looked down at myself, a pitch black glow surrounds my body. I glow not an angelic glow, nor the glow of a Devil.

Devil's, when they glow, are surrounded by dark, purple light; when Angels glow, they are surrounded by a light that classifies them by what level Angel they are. There are shades of white, which is the first level, then ivory, yellow, a dull shade of red, pink, pale blue, and so fourth. The ultimate level is green.

"Welcome, Death," Audrianne says, happiness evident on her face. "You are a Supernatural."

••••••••••••

So this is my first story on wattpad and I'm really excited! I don't know if anyone is going to read this, but there's hope.

Anyway, I hope you like it! I promise everything will get better! ♡