Chapter Thirteen

Finding Life

Part 14 • Lily

"In time, all will unfold and there will be blood."

-Foster Raybould, King of Seelie Court

••••••••••••

"Wake up!" I hear Florence's voice fanitly say.

My eyes, glued shut, flutter open to the sight of sunlight coming through my windows. I instantly think of when Death tells me that he can control the weather of the AfterLife--if he wanted a sun, he could create it.

Beside me, Florence and Lilith are looming over me, telling me get up.

"It's your wedding day!" Lilith says, tears forming in her eyes.

I sit upright in bed, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the bright sunlight.

"Arachne just delivered your wedding dress! I hope you don't mind, but we took a look and it's gorgeous," Lilith adds, a tear running down her cheek.

I smile because today I'll be marrying Death. I'll also be getting closer to the day I can leave this place.

"Please don't cry," I say, "And do you guys like your bridesmaid dresses?"

During the past week, my ladies and I have become very close. I have decided to make them my bridesmaids and Danae as the maid of honor.

Speaking of my sister, she enters my bedroom momentarily. Danae had arrived here yesterday and since then she's been keeping sure that Death and I did not see each other. She claims that it's a marriage tradition, one that Death did not understand.

"You still haven't gotten out of bed?" Danae says, "Get up and shower!"

Lilith and Florence rush me into the bathroom, where Ana had run me a bath rather than a shower.

"Well, go on," Ana says.

She meant that I have to undress, in front of my ladies and Danae. I'm starting to get used to my ladies seeing me without clothes, but never has Danae seen me so. Luckily, she stays in the bedroom.

I quickly take my clothes off and get in the bathtub, letting the water surround me. Lilith, Florence and Ana clean me until my skin is red and wrinkly--which is when they tell me to get out.

Obediently, I lift myself out of the tub and put a robe and my undergarments on. My ladies rush me to my mirror and sit me down. Immediately, Florence starts brushing my wet hair and then blow drying it. Lilith and Ana apply makeup to my face and Danae sits beside them, chatting with me.

Soon enough, my hair is in an updo, my makeup is done to perfection and my skin is glowing.

"Time to see your dress," Lilith says, excited.

She walks to my closet, opens it and takes the white dress out, still on its hanger. Lilith shows it to me and I gasp at its beauty.

The top of the dress is shear, with diamonds adorning the neckline and sleeves. Below the sheer material is a cotton white dress, with lace patterns on the top and skirt. Danae holds up a pair of heels; they are white with the heels being clear like glass.

"It's all so beautiful!" I say.

Quickly, I take my robe off and slip into my wedding dress, which was not an easy process. When we finish, I see that when Arachne said tea length, she meant a dress that ends an inch or so above my ankles. Immediately, I look into my mirror and twirl, making the dress float upwards.