Chapter Seven

Finding Life

Part 8 • Lily

"I prefer using knifes."

-Death, Master of the AfterLife

•••••••••••

Arianna kept saying how sorry she was for her daughter's rude behavior until Death and I left.

Now, Death wants to take me to Hell. He says that it only makes sense to meet all three sisters in one day. I'm fine with it since all of this is just a part of our deal.

Anyway, I am curious to see Hell. Death claims it's a beautiful place, so I'll get to see for myself and see if he's right.

I became used to teleporting, after doing it a few times. The comforting darkness surrounds us and quickly dissapears. I like the feeling I get while transporting; it feels like I'm falling.

"Woah," Death says as two people run by him.

People are running around the room putting vases of colorful flowers on tables, dusting, cleaning and disinfecting. I guess Audrianne likes everything to look decent when she has guests.

A tall, blonde haired woman walks in through the door. She's wearing a black dress-one with an odd neckline. It's simple, but elegant. If she's Audrianne, she definitely looks like Queen.

"You may all leave," she waves her hands and immediately all the servants walk out of the room.

"I'm Audrianne," she adds, with a smile.

Why is she and her sister Sapphire Devils, even if they're not cruel? How is Audrianne's twin, Queen Arianna, an Angel?

"I'm Lily," I say, instead of asking my intrusive questions, "Nice to meet you."

"It's been worth the wait, Death. I get this feeling that Lily is exactly whom you've been waiting for."

Death looks down, a big smile on his face. He chuckles. "Yes, Lily has definitely been worth it. I would have waited another century if I needed to."

Audrianne replies, "Come, sit. Let's continue our talk."

"I've already taken Lily to Sapphire and Arianna's realms and each of them told Lily about their half of the AfterLife," Death says, changing the topic, "You should tell Lily about Hell."

"Oh, sure," Audrianne says, "Well, what can I say? You're in Vyla Sai right now. The capital of Hell is The Demon District and the financial capital is the Emerald Empire."

"Interesting," I say. "I'd love to visit these cities in the future."

I'm assuming Hell works like Earth does. There must be cities, lots of them.

"Of course!" Audrianne says, "It could be a day reserved for us two."

"I think that sounds like a wonderful idea," Death says.

Audrianne nods. "Maybe two centuries ago, when I became Queen, I changed Hell. I made Hell enjoyable; I made Hell a place to love. With the help of my dear friend Tara Roy, we created the Hell you see today."

"Who's Tara Roy? What did she do to help Hell?" I ask, being the curious person I am.

"Tara Roy started up her business, S.A.F.E, which stands for Safe And Fun Everywhere. All the Devils collaborated with S.A.F.E to create this lovely place people call home."