Chapter Sixteen

Finding Life

Part 17 • Death

"Are you asking the King of Seelie Court for a favor? Might I remind you that when the fair folk grant a favor, they expect one in return."

-Foster Raybould, King of Seelie Court

••••••••••••

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?" I ask, deeply frustrated.

Lily sighs. "I didn't think it was such a big deal. It still isn't."

"No," I reply, "It is a big deal, but your human self doesn't realize it."

"Don't yell at me!" Lily spits out, tears in her eyes.

God glares at me. "Death, your wife has just been turned immortal, and during that time, she experienced something unusual. Don't scream."

"So the mixture worked?" Lily asks. "I'm immortal now?"

God nods his head. "Indeed, you are. Your first day at work will be tomorrow, Lily."

"Can we please focus on the situation at hand right now?" I ask.

Løv replies first, "Lily, you said that the Angel had short blonde hair and that she adopted twins?"

"Yeah," Lily says.

Løv gasps and I roll my eyes.

"Has the cold truth dawned upon you, Løv?" I ask.

Destiny snickers. "It always takes her forever to understand things."

"What are you talking about?" Lily asks. "Who is the Angel?"

I sigh and sit beside Lily on the bed. Then, I say, "Remember how Lana told you she's Lucifer's mistress?"

Lily nods her head.

"Well," I say, "The Angel you met is Lucifer's wife. That makes Arden and Elliott Lucifer's children."

"They have five children now, don't they?" Destiny says. "Who would have thought the Devil and Angel would have gotten along so well."

Løv laughs, earning a glare from God.

Lily asks, "How did Arden's knife hurt me in real life?"

"I don't know," I admit.

"Arden and Elliott Anderson are something else, I assume," God says, "Something not entirely human, demonic or angelic."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

God shrugs, not answering my question. How can someone be neither of those?

"What can we do now?" Destiny asks.

"As of now," God replies, "We do nothing. Lucifer isn't hinting at anything."

"By that do you mean war?" Løv asks.

God nods his head.

"Why would Lucinda even come to me with the twins?" Lily asks. "I don't understand. She didn't warn me about anything."

Lily pauses and then adds, "In Zenith, Lucifer, I think that's who was there, said "Take her." to the twins. I asked the twins about it and they said they can't tell me why he wanted me."

"God," I say, "We have to do something. Lucifer is planning an uprising, I'm sure."

"What in Hell would Lucifer want to do with an uprising? He has everything he wants. Lucifer can roam the Earth, the AfterLife and Hell as he pleases," God says.