Epilogue

Finding Life

Part 45 • Death

"What shall we name her?"

—Life, God's Helper

••••••••••••••••

"It's a girl!" Arachne yells.

Lily starts to cry as Arachne hands my baby girl over to her. I'm bursting with excitement and exhaustion. Lily was in labour through the night for hours. I was sick and couldn't watch for a majority of it due to my fear of childbirth. I made Thanatos to stay with Lily and report back to me.

From time to time, I went back into the room to talk to Lily, who mostly cursed at me. She said she's okay with me not being in the room with her, but I could secretly tell she'd rather have me than Thanatos. I wished I could have stayed with her, but I was sick to my stomach with fear and anxiety.

I walk over to Lily and our daughter. She's so tiny and fragile. Her skin is red and our baby is crying. Lily is rocking her back and forth to soothe her.

"What shall we name her?" Lily asks.

"I'm thinking Vierra," I say, remembering the time I told Virginia May's boyfriend that that's the name I gave my daughter.

"I like that," Lily says.

"It's the perfect fit for her!" God exclaims. "Did you know that Vierra means faith? Apt name for a Supernatural."

"That's beautiful," Lily says.

"Then it's decided," I say.

Lily nods. "Vierra Andrews."

I think back to that day one hundred and fifty hears ago in District 83. Løv and I were having a conversation a couple of days after Lucifer fell from Heaven at that very spot.

She promised me that when I married Life and we had our first child, she would come. Løv promised she would be there, no matter what. I know that Lily's pregnancy was rushed and we weren't able to make a formal announcement, but Løv promised.

I want Løv to be here. She would share my happiness, even though she was acting a little psycho the last time I saw her.

It doesn't matter now. Løv can meet Vierra another day when's she older. For now, Lily and I will raise her in Irene's estate.

I sigh in relief.

I have completed my task of finding Life.