Listen Bitch

I heard the alarm go off and I turned it off and Missy screamed into her pillow an I laughed at her. It's only 7:30, this is sleeping in for me. I walked into the bathroom and went to the bathroom and then I came back out. "I'll go get the food." I said and picked up the keys and threw them up in the air and caught them and I walked out to the truck and I grabbed the horse feed, and I went to our trailer. I poured their own buckets and I said good morning to Jasper and to Rain, Missy's horse. After I was done feeding them I locked the trailer and returned to the truck and I drove to the closet McDonalds.

I buttoned up my green Boot Barn logo shirt and then I grabbed my belt buckle and slipped it through and clicked it together. I put a little hairspray in my fishtail braid and then I put on my black cowboy hat on. I heard Missy hiss at something and I looked at her and she was looking at her nail. "I have a feeling today's going to be a bad day.." She said and looked outside the window and it was cloudy. She said that because earlier she found out that her fence got ruined because some boys crashed into it, and she spilled her coffee on her shirt, and now she broke her nail.

"Rain will do good, she always does." I assured her and she sighed and nodded. I opened the door for her and she got into to truck and I followed her. I looked at the clouds and it looks like its gonna rain, rodeos go on no matter what. It kinda sucks racing in the rain because you and the horse get dirty, but I don't mind. But it's a hassle cleaning the saddle and his fancy bridal, and to clean him. Today my goal is, if it rains, to get around 18 seconds, since it is a bigger arena. And if it doesn't rain I hope to get around 17.4, that's what I ran last year and won it.

We pulled up to the stadium and I saw people flooding into the ticket station, they had umbrellas and ponchos. I parked the trailer and we got out and went to the spot we were suppose to get our numbers. Today I would be number 18 and Missy was 5, she hated that number. She looked at me with a glare and disgust, oh boy. They've already started the team roping, they must want to speed it up, so we don't get rain. Missy and I walked into the arena and walked over to the gates. "That is an ugly shirt." Missy whispered to me and I looked at the girl, she was local. It was a mustard yellow shirt and with bright red boots, she looked like a rodeo clown.

"Well would you look who it is." Tessa, the girl, said to us and I gave her my best polite smile I could to her. Missy just glared at her.

"Hi Tessa, girls. Win any races yet?" She asked and I nudged her with my elbow.

"Very funny." She spits. "Don't count on wining today." She said as they started walking away.

"We do!!" Missy shouts after them and she lets out a huff and she looks at me. "Could you help me out with that?" She says and glares at Tessa.

"She's not worth it." I shrugged off and payed attention the the roping.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Missy and I made conversation as we walked back to the trailer, because it was almost time to ride. I opened the door and the horses looked at us and I smiled. I grabbed Jasper and Miss grabbed Rain and we saddled up. Jasper was being his normal self, but Rain was being sassy. Missy is a good enough handler, so she controlled him. We walked to the back of the gate and waited for our runs.

As the fifth person started running it started raining, some girls freaked out, and some didn't care. As they ran their horses through the corse it made it messier and muddier. I lazily wrapped the reigns around the post and I stood on the gate and waited for Missy to go. She kicked him and they went off, they were doing so, so good, until Rain's foot got caught in the mud and she hit the barrel and it tipped over. I got off the gate and returned to Jasper and hopped on him. Missy passed me and she gave me a look, but she wasn't pissed like I thought she was gonna be, I couldn't tell what she was feeling. I bet she's gonna go call her dad.