He's HópA

I opened my eyes to another beautiful day and I smiled to myself. I rolled over, but I rolled off the bed. I landed with an 'umph' then I cracked out a laugh. I pushed myself up and then I slowly stood up so I wouldn't get light headed, that sucks. I looked at the time and it was 8 o'clock, I must of really of been tired yesterday because its eight in the morning. I took my bun out and I gathered my snarly mess of hair and put it into a high ponytail.

I walked downstairs and I grabbed the waffle maker and I plugged it in. I grabbed my laptop and I logged into Pandora and put on Today's Country and I turned it up. I grabbed the ingredients from the pantry and fridge and I sat them out on the counter. I grabbed a big bowl and I poured the ingredients in, while signing along with Miranda Lambert, she's my favorite country female artist. Today we have to be at the City Center at 1 o'clock but if Lacey wants to have lunch there, we'll have to be there at 12.

I put the four Belgium waffles on a plate and set it on the table and then I walked over to our fridge and grabbed the milk and orange juice. Organ juice is my favorite breakfast drink, I could drink it all day, every day. I heard Lacey's bedroom door open and she came out, her hair down, a little messy, and her loose tee shirt and pj pants. "Good morning." I said to her and she looked at me.

"Good morning, it smells good." She said and sat down at the table and I joined her.

"Guess what we are doing today?" I say to her and she picks her two waffles and soaks them in the syrup, they did look might delicious. She looked up at me and raised her eyebrows. "The horse show is today." I said and she smiled really big.

"Is it really?" She asked in the happiest voice.

"Sure is, you can help me get Izzy ready." I told her and then I picked my waffles and put syrup up. I grabbed the fruit bowl and took some strawberries and grapes.

"Today is going to be great." She said and I smiled, today is going to be a good day.

After breakfast we hung out a little and by that I mean we danced around the kitchen to the best country songs ever. When we were done it was about 10:30 ish, so we had to get started on Izzy. We pulled on our boots and she ran to the barn because I told her to grab the special washing soap and I would get Izzy. I slipped under the barbed wire fence and Nala came walking to me and I patted her butt and I started walking to Izzy. Izzy has won three first places, two third places, and three second places. She is a beautiful horse, and I fell in love with her right away. I put the halter on her, "Hey pretty girl.." I said to her in a calming voice as I led her to the stables.

I watched Lacey wash Izzy's shiny body and she was having a great time. I stood in front of Izzy and I picked the boogers out her eyes, man she had it bad. "Do you want to straighten her hair?" I ask Lacey as she put the special oil on the skin, to make it shinier.

"Yes I would love too." She said and I handed her the straightener and she grabbed the bucket so it would be easier for her to to do. I grabbed the comb and I ran my fingers on her soft body until I reached her tail. Her tail was very unique because at the ends of her hair it starts to blend into a dark amber color. I combed through the tangled mess and I removed the cocker spurs from it.

"Should I fishtail it or I put braids in a braid?" I ask her and she looked at me while she was straightening.

"Umm, fishtail, you're good at that." She said and I smiled and I grabbed her tail and I devided it into two sections and started adding piece by piece. "Did I tell you what happened to Delilah?" She said to me.

"No, what happened?" I asked her, Delilah was her fat potbelly pig.

"She had piglets and they were so tiny and cute, but one only survived. Daddy thinks that Delilah didn't have enough milk for the babies. I named the piglet Honey." She informed me.