This Can't Be Happening(Long Chapter)

It's a cloudy morning but Luke and I went for a quick saddle ride just across my land. It was a little bit windy, but it was sunny even with all the clouds out. I'll have to check the radar and the weather channel to see if it will rain today. Luke and I ride up to the barn and I see Caleb's truck there, and the kiss flashes back to me. 

Its been a few days since the kiss, and I let him come back yesterday and it was so awkward.. Luke and I get off our horses and head for the tack shack, but I regret it when I see Caleb over there. "Hey guys." He says to us and gives me a special look and I give him a small smile and walked past him. 

"I can put the saddles away." Caleb said and I shook my head. 

"Actually can you do Claire's, I have to pee." Luke says and my head turns towards him. Really Luke? Now I have to be alone with him. I pull Nala's reins and stand her in front of the resting post and wrap the reins around. 

I unhitch Nala's cinches and get the bridal and mouth bit off her. I throw the bridal over my shoulder and slid her saddle and carry it into the shack. "Are you su-"

"I'm good." I snap and put the saddle on it's holder and Caleb does the same thing. I grab Nala's rope halter.  When I try to get out he road blocks me. Every step I take he mirrors, so he gets in my way every time. "Caleb stop." I say. 

"What, you would of laughed a week ago." He chuckles. 

"Yeah before you idiotically kissed me." I say quieter as I see Luke coming back. Caleb holds up his hands then I pass him and go back to my horse. I grab her skirt and go back into the shack where I put the skirt down and reach for the brushes. 

I felt a presence behind me, I first it was Luke, but it didn't smell like Luke. Caleb's body was right behind me, almost no inches between us. He put one hand on my waist and I felt him reaching up, rubbing against me. It made me cringe. "Caleb, get away." I say and he snickers and gets closer. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I hear Luke's demanding voice and then Caleb was yanked from me. Caleb stumbles backwards and Luke stands in front of me and I grab his arm. 

"I was just helping her grab the brushes." He smirks. 

"By harassing her?" Luke's voice spits sarcasm. 

"She liked it." He says and moves his head so he can see me behind Luke, and Luke moves too. 

"Get the hell out of here before I kick your ass." Luke warns, and I know he'll do it too. 

"I'll see you later Jamie." He creepily says and it makes me shiver. Once we watch Caleb drive away I come from behind Luke. 

"Has he always been like that to you?" He asks with lots of concern in his eyes. 

"No, I don't know what got over him.. He did smell like alcohol a little bit.." I say quieter, but it's a big lie.. I hate lying to Luke, but he would go nuts if he found out. 

"Let's go put away the horses and go inside for a bit." Luke changes the conversation lightly and wraps his around my shoulder and I lean my head onto his. 

********************

I'm in the kitchen making some lunch before Luke has to go. Luke and his buddy Eric are going to a bronc riding competition, so I'm not too concerned about Luke. And he pleaded to me that he would be fine, so I let him go. Totally mom of me, but I am basically his guardian for now. 

Anyways Luke is sitting on the couch watching The Walking Dead, our new favorite binge.. This show is so good and it's very addicting. I'm not a big fan of Rick, but Darrel is defiantly my favorite, he's such a badass, and kind of a hunk.