Prologue

"Hurry,Hawkpath! Lionpelt is kitting!" Leaftail yowled out of the nursery. Lionpelt lay on her side within breathing heavily. Hawkpath raced over into to the nursery with herbs in her jaws and her apprentice, Snowpaw, on her heels.

The clan started to gather outside of the nursery as the sounds of kitting begun.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

Lionpelt looked over her gathered kits with love and exhaustion shining in her blue eyes.

"Thank you Hawkpath, you are a savior to me, and my kits..." The queen told the medicine cat. Hawkpath dipped her head.

"I couldn't have done it without Snowpaw to help me." The medicine cat said as she praised her apprentice. Snowpaw blinked, embarrassed.

"Don't mess with them, they're very young." Leaftail warned her kits as they scampered over to Lionpelt.

Spottedkit and Lilykit poked their heads over Lionpelt's tail to look down at the three new members of the nursery. Spottedkit purred at the sight of them.

"They're so cute! Did I look like that when I was born?" Lilykit asked as she turned to look back at her mother.

"Yes, but in my opinion, you were much cuter!" Leaftail teased her kit with a mrrow of laughter. Vineclaw rushed into the nursery.

"Have I missed to much?" He asked his mate. Lionpelt looked to him calmly.

"Only the kitting, but nothing more. I haven't chosen names yet." She said. Vineclaw sighed and layed beside his mate and looked down at his new kits. He swelled with pride as he looked down at them.

There was a golden tabby, a dark brown tabby with a golden foot, and the other was a dusty brown one. He stared down at them in thought for names.