Chapter 3

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather here beneath the high ledge for a clan meeting!" Greystar yowled. Runningkit, Volekit, and Goldenkit excitedly raced out of the nursery, their fur groomed neatly. They walked slower and more controlled as they approached the high ledge as the clan gathered. Lionpelt followed.
The littermates stopped and sat on the inside edge of the gathered clan. Lionpelt took a seat next to Vineclaw behind them.
"Today we join to witness the making of a two warriors." Greystar announced.
"Tigerpaw. Step forward." Tigerpaw walked out of the crowd to stand below the highledge. Greystar stared down at him.
"Snowstrike, do you believe Tigerpaw is ready to become a warrior?" Snowstrike looked to her leader.
"I have no doubt." Greystar nodded and looked back to Tigerpaw.
"Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect your clanmates? Even at the cost of your life?"
"I do." Tigerpaw said calmly.
"Then I hope Starclan approve of my choice. Tigerpaw, from this day forward you will be known as Tigertooth. May Starclan light your path."
"Tigertooth! Tigertooth! Tigertooth!" The clan cheered his new warrior name. He stood with pride as he walked back to sit in the crowd.
"The second apprentice to be made a warrior is Featherpaw." Greystar announced. Featherpaw stepped forward.
"Featherpaw, you have proven that you will care for and protect your clan. Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect your clan even at the cost of your life?" Greystar asked.
"I wouldn't want to join Starclan in any other way." Feather paw answered.
"Then from now on you will be known as Featherwind. May Starclan light your path."
"Featherwind! Featherwind! Featherwind!" The clan cheered for her.
"We also have three new apprentices in Thunderclan. This is a very important time in every clans life. Runningkit, Volekit, and Goldenkit have reached their sixth moon, and its time for them to become apprentices. Come forward." The three kits stepped forward.
"Runningkit, from this day until you receive your warrior name, you will be called Runningpaw."
"Runningpaw!" The clan cheered.
"Starclan, I ask that you guide this new apprentice, set her paws on the path she must follow to become a warrior."
"Snowstrike, you will mentor to Runningpaw. You are a loyal and fierce warrior. I know that you will pass these qualities to Runningpaw." Greystar announced. He turned to Volekit.
"Volekit, from this day until you receive your warrior name, you will be called Volepaw."
"Volepaw!" The clan cheered.
"Starclan, I ask you to guide this new apprentice, set his paws on the path he must follow to become a warrior. Rednose, you will mentor to Volepaw. You are a cunning and skilled warrior. I know that you will pass these qualities to Volepaw." Greystar looked to Goldenkit.
"Goldenkit, from this day until you recieve your warrior name, you will be called Goldenpaw."
"Goldenpaw!" Thunderclan cheered.
"Starclan, I ask you to guide this new apprentice, set her paws on the path she must follow to become a warrior. Ivyheart, you will mentor to Goldenpaw. You are a kind and determined warrior. I know you will pass these qualities to Goldenpaw."
°---°----------------------------------------------°---°
Snowstrike turned to Ivyheart and Rednose as the gathered clan broke apart.
"Let's show them around the territory." She called to them. Ivyheart nodded in agreement.
"Sure, but I'm taking Volepaw on a hunting patrol later." Rednose answered. Snowstrike padded to the camp entrance. Runningpaw followed after her mentor. 'I hope I don't make myself look bad' Runningkit thought to herself. They padded out of the camp entrance and into the forest.
°---°----------------------------------------------°---°
Snowstrike, Runningpaw, Ivyheart, Goldenpaw, Rednose, and Volepaw came back into camp. The three new apprentices carried prey they had caught to the fresh-kill pile.
The littermates raced over to Lionpelt and Vineclaw, who were sharing tongues by the warriors den.
"Lionpelt! Vineclaw! Volepaw caught 3 mice! It's like he could see them through the trees!" Goldenpaw told them with excitement.
"That's very impressive. Especially since it was your first time out for hunting." Vineclaw said as he looked to his son with pride. Volepaw stood tall at his fathers praise.
"I think we have a son who will be the greatest hunter in all of Thunderclan." Lionpelt purred. Runningpaw cuffed her brothers ear playfully.
"If only he knew how to save prey for us to catch!" Volepaw swatted at her. Goldenpaw curled up her tail in amusement.
"Volepaw! The patrol isn't going to wait any longer! Are you coming or not?" Rednose called to him from the entrance of the camp.
"Yes!" Volepaw yowled back.
"Bye guys!" He called over his shoulder as he headed over to the fern barrier to join the patrol.