Chapter 22

Runningwish was torn. She was happy for her sister that she was pregnant with her love, but what her mate was doing was wrong.

"Tigertooth is breaking the warrior code Goldensky. We have to tell Greystar."

"I think that is why Thistlestar is here Runningwish, what if she found out about us talking to Blackeye?" Goldensky asked, she started pacing, kicking around leaves or throwing them around with her long gold haired tail.

"Goldensky, we need to get back to camp. You can warn Tigertooth if you want but I'm not getting into this." Runningwish said, stepping away from her littermate and turned to return to camp. Goldensky ran in front of her, blocking her way.

"Fine, but promise me at least that you wont tell Greystar. He'll excile us if he knew!" Goldensky said, her eyes wide with fear of being thrown out of Thunderclan. Runningwish brushed her muzzle against hers.

"He won't. Greystar is fair and will hear you out." Runningwish reassured. Goldensky sighed, her ears flattened in defeat. Runningwish brushed past her and headed back to the camp, her curiousity coming back to her as she pushed through the tunnel.

The Shadowclan cats were sitting in a group by high ledge. A few Thunderclan warriors were guarding them. She watched from a distance, hoping Greystar would come out of his den above them.

She was jolted back to reality when a cat nudged her.

"Runningwish, you asked me to keep an ear open for any messages from Starclan." It was just Snowpaw.

"I did. How was the trip to the moonpool Snowpaw?" Runningwish asked the medicine cat. Snowpaw purred in amusement.

"I got my full medicine cat name last night! It's Snowpoppy now." Snowpoppy corrected. Runningwish nodded and twitched her whiskers, eager to hear if Starclan shared anything with the white she-cat.

"I'm sorry to tell you though that Starclan didn't share with me anything about you." Snowpoppy apologized. Runningwish battered at her gently with her golden paw.

"Its fine. Thank you Snowpoppy." Runningwish said. Snowpoppy nodded and headed out of the tunnel and into the forest.

Runningwish watched her go and directed her ears forward as she heard a cat coming toward her. She looked forward and nearly jumped out of her fur. It was Tigertooth.

"Hello Tigertooth." Runningwish greeted. Tigertooth nodded in greeting and brushed past her with his wide shoulders, he was heading to the warriors den. For some reason it felt like he was someone else, but Runningwish couldn't quite put a name to it.

Greystar came out of his den with Thistlestar, Needleclaw and Snowstrike with him.

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the high ledge for a clan meeting!"